• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BCCI asks Cricket Australia for more tests

Sir Alex

Banned
Yes, you read it right.

BCCI has asked Cricket Australia to convert the upcoming 7 match One Day series in India to 2 test matches and 3 One days.

Source : NDTv

**** BCCI.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, would certainly welcome it but like the South African tour it will leave you wanting more.

Sir Alex

Banned
Why only two tests?
Gift, horse, mouth etc.

I am actually thrilled that if the news is true we might have 11 tests between now and the World Cup.

3 tests away in SL August.
2 vs Aus in Oct
3 vs NZ in Nov
3 in South Africa.

Exciting.

Sir Alex

Banned
When was this series supposed to take place? Next year I presume?
We hosted Aus for 4 in 08, and aren't due till 2012 end I suppose.

This concept of broken test series' sounds pretty good. If this series goes through we'd have hosted Aus for 6 and South Africa for 5 tests in the last 2 years.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Gift, horse, mouth etc.

I am actually thrilled that if the news is true we might have 11 tests between now and the World Cup.

3 tests away in SL August.
2 vs Aus in Oct
3 vs NZ in Nov
3 in South Africa.

Exciting.
Yeah, well, while it's a step in the right direction, two is just not enough

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, well, while it's a step in the right direction, two is just not enough
I agree. Gotta make it three. I was so disappointed with the South African series - not because the series was bad (it was fantastic), but because it did not feel as though it was finished.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Blatant attempt to minimise the number of ODIs we get on the subcontinent pre-WC.

Conspiracy.

Jewels

Cricket Spectator
Might also be good for the Oz to get a couple of extra Tests ahead of the Ashes, given the last Tests prior are in July in England V Pakistan AFAIK

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I hope that Cricket Australia will have the good sense to reject this madness out of hand. I can't believe the irresponsibility of the BCCI. Etc etc etc.

Seriously, while you can't help but suspect some sort of ulterior motive, you have to applaud the BCCI's Damascene conversion

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I do hope they play the Tests but definitely hope this isn't a harbinger of routine 2-Test series'.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Awesome news.

People saying why only two tests, its not the usual time for Aust and Ind to have a test series anyway. The next series they're supposed to have is in Australia, so in theory, this is just a bonus.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I reckon he'll do quite well. Depends on when he comes on to bowl.

Aust vs. Ind test series have never been **** since 2001. Ever since then it's been at least a very good watch, and sometimes an awesome watch.

I expect this to be the case again. :)

Matt79

Global Moderator
I reckon he'll do quite well. Depends on when he comes on to bowl.

Aust vs. Ind test series have never been **** since 2001. Ever since then it's been at least a very good watch, and sometimes an awesome watch.

I expect this to be the case again. :)
There were some pretty average bits during Australia's last tour there. At least with Haury in the team, we shouldn't see Cam White being wheeled out as a frontline bowler, or Ponting opting for Hussey to bowl instead of a proper bowler. Reckon our current pace attack of Johnson, Bollinger, Harris, Watson will do a fair bit better than the 08 version did.