• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Ashes Moments

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Adelaide. In a long line of English sporting jibs, it was quite possibly the most soul destroying. From memory I'd set my alarm for about 4am to get some play before work, assuming we'd be getting some batting practice and the score was like 90-odd/6 just into the afternoon session. One of those "Surely to ****ing Christ we can't..." moments where we could and did.

Spark

Global Moderator
Adelaide. Remember sneaking in to an empty classroom between periods at school and at lunch time to keep watching it.
Same. So lame to miss the first half of the day but the last session made up for it.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Adelaide. We were allowed to have the cricket on in the classroom TVs during that Ashes series. Distinctly remember getting kicked out of my legal class for jumping up and celebrating when Warne was on his rampage.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Swanneh - Only one of the 2 that actually happened in an Ashes series (since it's been conclusively proven that 2006/07 didn't happen)

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Adelaide.

If you want a more precise moment, Warne bowling KP around his legs.

Flyonthewall

U19 Captain
The combination of a)I was there when Swann bowled Punter throught the gate, b)getting up to watch the final session at Adelaide only to see that we'd collapsed continuinng to haunt me four years on, and c)Swann's all-round awesomeness means that I can only possibly give a vote to Swann here

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As good as the Swann delivery was you have to say Adelaide is a better overall moment in ashes history despite it being against us.8-)

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
(12)Australia comeback at Adelaide 17 vs 4 (2)Swann bowling Ponting

That's a paddling.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Battle #11

(41)Jim Laker taking 19
4th Test: England v Australia at Manchester, Jul 26-31, 1956 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com
First bowler to take 10 wickets in an innings in Tests - not to mention the 9 in the other innings!
YouTube - Jim Laker classic 19 wickets against Austraila

vs

(73)Eddie Paynter's Knock from the Hospital Bed
4th Test: Australia v England at Brisbane, Feb 10-16, 1933 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com
"It were nowt more than a sore throat."