• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Ashes Moments

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Adelaide deserves to win, but I can never bring myself to vote for it, it made me feel sick

Swann bowling Chimpy on the other hand saw me jump up, then promptly trip over a wire. Good times.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Swanneh. Was watching that clip before reading this thread, and it was a jaffer. The drift and turn had Ponting beat all ends up. Superb bowling from Swann.

pasag

RTDAS
Coming in a bit late, but is:

Laker's 19/90
Trumper's 102
"We'll get 'em in singles"
"Fine bloody way to start a series"
Glenn McGrath's catch at Adelaide
Harmison's first ball wide
Grace vs Spofforth
Eddie Paynter's knock from the hospital bed
Frank Tyson 7/27

in the battle? Can't find a list.

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
Adelaide is not just my favourite Ashes moment, or my favourite cricketing moment. It's my favourite sporting moment. Jumped up and down like a little girl as Hussey hit the winning runs, itbt.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Adelaide is not just my favourite Ashes moment, or my favourite cricketing moment. It's my favourite sporting moment. Jumped up and down like a little girl as Hussey hit the winning runs, itbt.
redundancy surely

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
By my reckoning the following aren't currently included:

Trumper's 102
"We'll get 'em in singles"
"Fine bloody way to start a series"
Glenn McGrath's catch at Adelaide
Eddie Paynter's knock from the hospital bed

Grace vs Spofforth features, sort of: "this thing can be done"

Would be good to include all this lot imho

Edit: not sure about Tyson

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, will see if I can fiddle it to fit them in.

We had 68 noms, so 28 battles of 2 and 4 battles of 3.
So, 73 noms = 23 battles of two, 9 battles of 3. Sorted.

Slight problem in that I have NFI what Trumper's 102 is? 104 perhaps?

Edit : ffs, including Tyson is 74.
22 rounds of 2, 10 rounds of 3.

Last edited:

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
FWIW, Eddie Paynter's Ashes average (84) is almost the same as Don Bradman's (87). And in adversity, Sir Eddie rose from his hospital bed, in sharp contrast to Bradman backing away from bouncers like a feeble wimp :ph34r:

fredfertang

I blame Len Hutton - had oor Eddie not missed out on that road at the Oval in '38 he'd have averaged more than Bradman

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So great that you couldn't even remember how many he scored you useless ****ing ****

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The only reason you handbag-thieving cretins play good innings is because everytime a bowler combats your 'batsmen' you get the rules changed to stop it happening again! Oh no, don't bowl short! Oh no, don't SPIT ON THE BALL!!! Substitute fielders can't run me out, I'm in the PG Tips adverts!

get ****ed

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Adelaide is probably my favourite Ashes moment of those I can remember. Mainly due to my raging Warne-love.

andyc

Adelaide. Remember sneaking in to an empty classroom between periods at school and at lunch time to keep watching it.