• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of Cricketers - CW's Favorite Cricketer

Teja.

Global Moderator
Lara vs. Ambrose final is a strong possibility I reckon. That's my prediction.

Both beloved WI cricketers who for the most part will have avoided any agendas (except for Lara vs. Tendulkar debate, but that pales in comparison to Ponting/Sachin and Warne/Murali). Always been popular on CW.
Waqar, Greg Chappel, Alan Border, Imran Khan have a good chance I reckon

Matt79

Global Moderator
Greg Chappell will struggle because not many here saw him play, because too many saw him coach, and Kiwis remember some sort of supposed 'underarm' incident.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Was going to mention Imran, but there's the Botham crowd as well who could stop that from happening :-o Depends how far each go.

That's why this is a pretty cool battle. It's just people's tastes, and that's cool. You can't be right or wrong.

Corli

U19 Cricketer
Jonty. The first thing I remember knowing about cricket (that was around 1995) is that Jonty was awesome.

The second thing was that Lara was the greatest batman around, but he doesn't need my vote here.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Lara 24
Rhodes 6
Richards 1

Time to call this. No wildcards obviously.

Mahela Jayawardene (1977-)

9,120 runs in 110 Tests for Sri Lanka; 310 ODIs
Leading Test run scorer for Sri Lanka
27 Test centuries, against all nine nations
Hit 123 as Sri Lanka chased 352 to beat South Africa by one wicket at home
Captained Sri Lanka to a World Cup final

Tamim Iqbal (1989-)

1,177 runs in 17 Tests for Bangladesh; 76 ODIs
Fastest Bangladeshi to 1,000 runs (29 innings) and the second youngest of all
Perhaps Bangladesh' first genuine Test class batsman

Shane Watson (1981-)

1,183 runs and 27 wickets in 18 Tests; 108 ODIs