• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Baggy Green ball tampering: Bancroft, Smith and the Aussie "Leadership Group"

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Why Bancroft? He's 25 and copping 9 months, which is harsh in it's own right.
Cannot see them ever picking him again - that is why. Too much media hassle. He'd have to become Don Bradman to force their hand and get back in, and truthfully, he wasn't good enough to begin with.

Smith will be reintegrated when the sentence is served a la KP.

Gob

International Coach
If i was Bancroft i would have taken the blame my self. If you volunteer to do dirty work ( and i believe he did instead of being imposed judging by everything he has done thus far) got to swallow it. Dropping Renshaw feels idiotic by the day

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Definitely feels like they're trying to punish someone in order to look like they were doing something without actually looking at the serious problems. We'll wait and see what happens in future Tests but it does seem like a cut off the nose to spite the face, especially if the on-field conduct continues unabated (obviously it's possible that they'll calm down, but I have my doubts as long as Lehmann's there).
I'm betting this press conference will be Lehmann stepping down, and you can bet he's been nudged. Australia coach Darren Lehmann to break his silence in ball-tampering row | cricket News

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If i was Bancroft i would have taken the blame my self. If you volunteer to do dirty work ( and i believe he did instead of being imposed judging by everything he has done thus far) got to swallow it. Dropping Renshaw feels idiotic by the day
Nah

Smith should've copped it all on the chin or simply denied it ever took place

vcs

This sucks. I mean, it was cheating, but a couple of matches would have been more than enough.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
'lehmann is one of the good guys'

apart from the racism and generally being a massive, hypocritical ****.
Should have heard the sycophantic interview on Fox Sports News with the Adelaide Advertiser cricket writer Richard Earle. I'm sympathetic to the idea that Lehmann didn't know about the specific plan, but according to Earle there are nuns more likely to encourage ball tampering than Lehmann.

OverratedSanity

Should have heard the sycophantic interview on Fox Sports News with the Adelaide Advertiser cricket writer Richard Earle. I'm sympathetic to the idea that Lehmann didn't know about the specific plan, but according to Earle there are nuns more likely to encourage ball tampering than Lehmann.
If he didn't know then imo it's just as big a fail on Lehmann's part as coach. How the **** does he still have his job.