• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2022-23

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Do they have enough depth in grade cricket though?
No, without a shadow of a doubt.

Bear in mind we struggle to scrape together a Futures League XI on our own. And the combined ACT/NSW Country team is usually one of the weakest teams in the comp.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No, without a shadow of a doubt.

Bear in mind we struggle to scrape together a Futures League XI on our own. And the combined ACT/NSW Country team is usually one of the weakest teams in the comp.
Neither do SA or Tas though atm, most of their state teams are imports from NSW or other places.

If ACT got a team it would probably be a similar result

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
What's wrong with the bulls lineup this season? Heazlett-Khawaja-Marnus-Renshaw is he best LA top 4 in the country and they've been smashed two games in a row (tbf marnus missed the first one).

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
brendon julian is a terrible commentator. Riley meredith is nowhere near the test team you dunce.

Starfighter

brendon julian is a terrible commentator. Riley meredith is nowhere near the test team you dunce.
He really is a moron, a carryover from his playing days. Meredith is barely in the Tas Shield team. Shane Warne boosting him doesn't change this.

TheJediBrah

I mean no one is pretending that BJ got the gig as a presenter/commentator for his intellect and insight

he's a 6'5 olive-skinned chad

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Did Australia not change their domestic OD competition to be played between the BBL franchises? I thought I read that somewhere.

Burgey

With the impending retirement of Arun Finch and Warner also in his dotage, Caleb Jewell could not be timing this run of form any better

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Tasmania absolutely look legit here, early days yet but would have to say they look like the favourites for the Marsh Cup

Spikey

With the impending retirement of Arun Finch and Warner also in his dotage, Caleb Jewell could not be timing this run of form any better
i think they'll probably do something silly and give Stonis or Green or Carey a go as opener

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Meredith's best has always looked impressive, but the real problem is how inconsistent and expensive he can be outside of that, has too many days when he just bowls a bunch of crap to be someone I hope much out of

Will he ever develop the level of control needed to take that next step? Honestly, I remain highly sceptical

Starfighter

My thoughts exactly. He's had several seasons and his control hasn't gotten any better (if anything it was worse last season). I'd like to hope that this the start of something, but I'm not holding my breath.