• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2022-23

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looks like CA have finally bowed to reality and we'll have DRS in the BBL.

Also the X-factor and Bash Boost are being ditched. The former was simply useless and the latter IMO unfair, though it did produce several hilarious Renegades innings.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
NSW in a bit of trouble here early

Get the sense Moises needs to make a real big one here for any chance of a decent score

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
It seems NSW selector, Michael Klinger, was correct when he described WA as "the benchmark of Australian domestic cricket".

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
It seems NSW selector, Michael Klinger, was correct when he described WA as "the benchmark of Australian domestic cricket".
WA could genuinely field a List A team that could challenge any international team in the world, while there second 11 is playing the marsh cup and would arguably still be the best team in the Comp. There white ball Depth I'd nuts.

tony p

First Class Debutant
Whats the most number of Bonus points you can get in the Marsh Cup for one match.?
77 could easily be scored by WA in under 10 overs for the win.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
WA could genuinely field a List A team that could challenge any international team in the world, while there second 11 is playing the marsh cup and would arguably still be the best team in the Comp. There white ball Depth I'd nuts.
I'm not sure what it is about WA. Like maybe it's just that they are so far away from everyone else, or they're doing something very right with their management, but they are rarely losing players to other states. Other states (NSW especially, but also Qld & Vic) often lose a player as soon as it's looking like they're not going to make the 1st XI and they want more opportunities. But in WA you can be the 7th best fast bowler, the 4th best all-rounder, the 3rd best wicket-keeper bat in the state and they still stick around.

And now they've got a list of 15+ genuine international quality players and 5-10 more borderline at that level whereas Vic, Tas, SA are struggling to find 11 First-class quality players

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I'm not sure what it is about WA. Like maybe it's just that they are so far away from everyone else, or they're doing something very right with their management, but they are rarely losing players to other states. Other states (NSW especially, but also Qld & Vic) often lose a player as soon as it's looking like they're not going to make the 1st XI and they want more opportunities. But in WA you can be the 7th best fast bowler, the 4th best all-rounder, the 3rd best wicket-keeper bat in the state and they still stick around.

And now they've got a list of 15+ genuine international quality players and 5-10 more borderline at that level whereas Vic, Tas, SA are struggling to find 11 First-class quality players
Does it include talented youngster Shaun Marsh?

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
so why aren't Behrendorff and Richardson playing? Soft if it's some workload bull****
Eh? Dorff hasn't played FC cricket since 2017

That being said, the WA commentators seem to be suggesting he could be a chance of a Shield return at some point this year, but I am filing that one firmly in the "I'll believe it when I see it" category for now

As for Jhye, does very much seem like they are taking the cotton wool approach with him

TheJediBrah

The reason Dorf hasn't been playing Shield has been mostly fitness related though, surely

As solid as Kelly & Morris have been a fit Dorf would be a step up. Behrendorff would have Paris covered comfortably too, if his body held up.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
The reason Dorf hasn't been playing Shield has been mostly fitness related though, surely

As solid as Kelly & Morris have been a fit Dorf would be a step up. Behrendorff would have Paris covered comfortably too, if his body held up.
Yeah, he's had an absolutely shocking run of back issues, ended up getting the same sort of back surgery as Patt0 had about 12-18 months back. There were certainly times when nobody thought Behrendorff would ever play red ball cricket again, least of all himself

I hope it does happen tbh, always rated the bloke, but after so long out surely you can see why I am so doubtful

TheJediBrah

Morris has looked very quick and his accuracy has been remarkable. He's improved massively in that regard.