• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2022-23

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
At this point if the selectors even consider taking Head outside Australia they should be immediately fired for gross incompetence
The guy can't play spin AND compulsively drives away from his body and nicks off pretty often. Both of those things are compounded by him playing in one of the hardest 5 year period's for batting ever between 2015-2020 and yet he still averages 39 in test's. It's amazing that he's had the success he's had with such glaring weaknesses.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The guy can't play spin AND compulsively drives away from his body and nicks off pretty often. Both of those things are compounded by him playing in one of the hardest 5 year period's for batting ever between 2015-2020 and yet he still averages 39 in test's. It's amazing that he's had the success he's had with such glaring weaknesses.
He's got great hand eye coordination and he's suited very well to fast, flat Aussie pitches. I would guess he would do alright in South Africa as well.

However that's about the limit of his utility as a Test cricketer.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Henry Thornton oh yeah....

Such a shame Cricinfo have stopped using initials on scorecards.
In wholehearted agreement on both counts

Must say what is most dissappointing is McSweeney was the first batsman of the day to genuinely be undone by a good ball. Too many soft dismissals

EDIT: And right on cue

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
There so so many exciting all rounders running around the circuit atm. Hardie would be the hottest thing since sliced bread if green didn't exist, green also exists, McAndrew has quietly put a good record together for SA and AUS-A, and Hayden kerr is just chilling on the sidelines having been the highest wicket tacker last BBL while also playing the best knock in BBL history IMO to clutch the sixers into the final.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
What a sensational partnership that was, knew both Manenti and especially McAndrew certainly are no mugs with the blade, but that is definitely beyond anything I thought. Brilliant

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
There so so many exciting all rounders running around the circuit atm. Hardie would be the hottest thing since sliced bread if green didn't exist, green also exists, McAndrew has quietly put a good record together for SA and AUS-A, and Hayden kerr is just chilling on the sidelines having been the highest wicket tacker last BBL while also playing the best knock in BBL history IMO to clutch the sixers into the final.
Renshaw's bowling is slowly becoming something better than meme status too.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Not really surprised at all by McAndrew doing that tbh, but Manenti isn't even the best batsman in his family.
Must admit I haven't seen a great deal of his brother, but he seems to have gone alright in the few games he has played for Italy recently

Speaking of Italian Cricket, was good to hear a random Joe Scuderi reference on comms. Something cricket needs more of

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Must admit I haven't seen a great deal of his brother, but he seems to have gone alright in the few games he has played for Italy recently

Speaking of Italian Cricket, was good to hear a random Joe Scuderi reference on comms. Something cricket needs more of
I think his brother has improved his batting quite a bit recently. When he made that ton against HK I genuinely lol'd but my mates in Sydney Firsts reckon he's now a pretty serious first grade bat. He usually batted #7-8 at that level last time I checked, which as you'd know is sub-Ben standard.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SA have dropped the ball here. With the conditions they've got to bowl with Qld shouldn't be 1-72.