• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2017/18

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Honestly Nev should have been able to chase those 23 runs down by farming the strike. The fact that he got out is another cross against his ability to handle pressure. I'm so glad the selectors didn't pick him again.

I'm hoping that Carey can find some consistent form and apply some pressure though.

Meanwhile up here in Queensland we've had rain for virtually the entire day. It's pretty dark outside. I doubt we'll get any more play in today.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Honestly Nev should have been able to chase those 23 runs down by farming the strike. The fact that he got out is another cross against his ability to handle pressure. I'm so glad the selectors didn't pick him again.

I'm hoping that Carey can find some consistent form and apply some pressure though.

Meanwhile up here in Queensland we've had rain for virtually the entire day. It's pretty dark outside. I doubt we'll get any more play in today.
Nev has really fallen off a cliff. I don't know how he averaged 45+ in the Shield for those few years.

MagicPoopShovel

U19 12th Man
That was a collapse and a half by the blues yesterday. Tip of the hat to Siddle though. He had a hell of a spell. I think it was Nev who edged it between keeper and slip iirc.

Some of the wickets were gifted to Fawad though. Good on him for flighting it up there etc and the googly he bowled to Abbot was good but it was very poor from NSW in terms of handling the pressure

TheJediBrah

That was a collapse and a half by the blues yesterday. Tip of the hat to Siddle though. He had a hell of a spell. I think it was Nev who edged it between keeper and slip iirc.

Some of the wickets were gifted to Fawad though. Good on him for flighting it up there etc and the googly he bowled to Abbot was good but it was very poor from NSW in terms of handling the pressure
That's generally how leg-spinners get a lot of their wickets. It may look as though they just get "gifted" them, but those gifts are the batsman's response when they're bowling well.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
"I know Kookaburra are great sponsors of club cricket in NSW particularly, but the quality of the Dukes ball, the evenness of the contest it provides, if I was an administrator working at Cricket Australia I'd be looking firmly at using Dukes cricket balls for Test cricket in Australia," Cowan said.
"We've just seen better games of cricket generally, we see the ball moving for longer, we see the spinners in the game a bit more. The way Test wickets have been in Australia the last couple of years, we need to see a more even contest."
Interesting

Top_Cat

Yeah umm, I mean I'm not plugged into SA grade cricket any more but I'm wondering where they pulled him from.