• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2017/18

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Just say there is 150 overs available in the QLD WA game, what should be the teams tactics with the aim of getting as many competition points as possible?

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well that was a closer ending than it deserved to be. Well batted head and it was a shame he couldn't get his side over the line. Bird returning to some form here.

Good game all round, well done Tassie.

QLD/WA almost certainly a draw here.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I’m as big a fan of Head as a player as the next guy but I’m getting kinda tired of seeing him with valiant lone hands in the 2nd dig after the bowlers have done the hard work of getting his team back in the game. Some more in the 1st dig when the game is there to be won, pls. No ton is bad and all that but Christ he was streaky for most of it.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
From that article:

NSW hasn’t made the Shield final for four years, although the start of that drought coincided with the tragic passing of Phillip Hughes.
Is this just completely forgetting that he was playing for South Australia at the time? Or are they saying that because of his NSW background his passing impacted on NSW players more than the South Australian side?

stephen

For a guy who had one half century to his name in the first half of the season, Renshaw has certainly piled on the runs since the break.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
With all the injuries to WA fast bowlers, Matt Kelly has pretty much became default attack leader in his first season. He is tall, hits good lengths, and can get the new ball zip around a bit, kinda similar to Hazlewood before he found an extra yard

Gnske

Renshaw's strokeplay is becoming closer to being as protohuman and degenerate as Hayden's by the day.

A welcome development.

stephen

Renshaw's strokeplay is becoming closer to being as protohuman and degenerate as Hayden's by the day.

A welcome development.
If he can put out as many runs as Hayden did he'll serve us well.

What I find interesting is that Renshaw's runs have mostly come against the Duke ball, which has had the opposite effect on most of the rest of the batsmen (particularly openers). Obviously whatever technical or mental issues that he was facing at the start of the season are gone now that Justin Langer has all his boys in the test side.

stephen

With all the injuries to WA fast bowlers, Matt Kelly has pretty much became default attack leader in his first season. He is tall, hits good lengths, and can get the new ball zip around a bit, kinda similar to Hazlewood before he found an extra yard
I was thinking the same. He's been a quality find for WA and has stayed fit far better than NCN/Behrendorff etc...

Gnske

If he can put out as many runs as Hayden did he'll serve us well.

What I find interesting is that Renshaw's runs have mostly come against the Duke ball, which has had the opposite effect on most of the rest of the batsmen (particularly openers). Obviously whatever technical or mental issues that he was facing at the start of the season are gone now that Justin Langer has all his boys in the test side.
'
If only someone had told him in those first few rounds to just play and not worry about the irrelevant **** the goblin out West was spewing.

Renshaw has a year to get in as many tests as possible before Langer's reich begins.

Starfighter

I feel Bancroft will have to fail very badly to let Renshaw back in. As in not score another fifty (or thirty) for the rest of the SA series sort of failure.

stephen

I feel Bancroft will have to fail very badly to let Renshaw back in. As in not score another fifty (or thirty) for the rest of the SA series sort of failure.
How long can one coast on a few half centuries?

Honestly, take out the 200 on the WACA road and suddenly Bancroft's summer has had 4 half centuries in 4 shield games and 6 tests. Alternatively look at his test record. He's had two half centuries in 6 tests since he was picked at an average of 26.

Renshaw in 10 tests has an average of 36 which includes 6 tests in the subcontinent where he was our second top run scorer in India.

How long do the two half centuries against NSW count for Bancroft? How do they count more than Renshaw's ton against Pakistan and half centuries in India?

Maybe CA is more concerned with giving Bancroft an extended run so that he can get good so when Warner retires we have a decent opening pair.