• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2017/18

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have shared the sweets of Jnr’s cricket journey with you guys so now the sours.

He opened the batting in their semifinal today and somehow managed to toe poke a near double bouncer back to the bowler after attempting to launch it into orbit off the first ball of the match

Afterwards, he sat down beside me and simply said “that sucks.”

“Could be worse buddy. I had to get up at 6am to drive you here.”��

Always next week

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I have shared the sweets of Jnr’s cricket journey with you guys so now the sours.

He opened the batting in their semifinal today and somehow managed to toe poke a near double bouncer back to the bowler after attempting to launch it into orbit off the first ball of the match

Afterwards, he sat down beside me and simply said “that sucks.”

“Could be worse buddy. I had to get up at 6am to drive you here.”��

Always next week
Underrated post

stephen

I know he's a Victorian but Marcus Harris wouldn't be too far from selection. He's been making consistent runs and is still quite young.

Burgey

Abbott’s bouncer must be seriously deceptive. He scones a lot of blokes and takes wickets with it too.

social

go Vics, still in this
NSW 7/121

did you give social jnr the character building speech?☺
Ha ha

He's not stupid so he knows plus I never want to be one of "those" parents

At the end of the day, he's only 12 so no point in making a big thing of it

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I know he's a Victorian but Marcus Harris wouldn't be too far from selection. He's been making consistent runs and is still quite young.
Harris is an enjoyable batsman to watch and is good in all 3 formats - you sort of think he needs to dominate in one format to get recognised a little more though as he has some stiff competition from other left hand opening bats - Weatherald Hughes Short and obviously Renshaw too.

If you had to rate the pecking order of the 5 left hand openers above Harris isnt the best or the worst option in any format.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Is anyone else not able to even get a scorecard for the SA v Tas game? The CA match centre seems to be working especially badly today.

Burgey

Bert out C&B to Wes Agar of all people in the Futures League. Hasn't been as consistent post-Xmas. Got 60 odd yesterday in the LO final though. Was a great game - Sydney Uni 277 beat Parra by five runs at Old Kings. Pat Cummins' brother made a pretty classy 120 odd for Uni that was the difference.

Midwinter

State Captain
Go Vics

Trav Dean tons up !

You can't keep picking a guy who's going to retire hurt every few innings and leave you a batsman short
Sometimes you just have to give it away..It seems it would be the best thing for this bloke to do.
There are plenty of other things to do in life.

stephen

You can't keep picking a guy who's going to retire hurt every few innings and leave you a batsman short
He's had so many concussions now that banning him from play seems like the right thing to do for him. He's obviously prone to concussion and the problem is only getting worse. Given what we now know about the mental health effects of concussion, it seems irresponsible to keep picking him.

Honestly it feels like we're setting ourselves up for another tragedy, which nobody wants.

Shame, because he's a real talent too. But better an alive wasted talent than a not alive wasted talent.

stephen

I'm sure Beau Casson can relate to Pucovski. For those who don't remember he was forced into retirement by a heart condition.

MagicPoopShovel

U19 12th Man
He's had so many concussions now that banning him from play seems like the right thing to do for him. He's obviously prone to concussion and the problem is only getting worse. Given what we now know about the mental health effects of concussion, it seems irresponsible to keep picking him.

Honestly it feels like we're setting ourselves up for another tragedy, which nobody wants.

Shame, because he's a real talent too. But better an alive wasted talent than a not alive wasted talent.
Yea I agree..it's getting pretty serious now..He should be forced to sit out of the team until he's been asessed for any sort of long term damage.