• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Auction Draft - Simple Format

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
He was certainly a fine batsman, one of the greats. Which one determines who wins, the vote or the sim?
If I were you I would want to win both. And if you use Walcott as keeper, you may also lose votes from some members (rightly or wrongly).

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
If I were you I would want to win both. And if you use Walcott as keeper, you may also lose votes from some members (rightly or wrongly).
Definitely will lose votes from me.

Morgie is going to struggle heaps - spending 1/5th of a salary on Kallis is crazy. I think you can probably only afford that much on 1 player per team, so chose an ATG.

kingkallis

International Coach
Read the OP again :)

I think I clarified the rules in multiple posts Masud. 12 hours is the minimum time for me after which I can post the results. You guys can keep on bidding till I post the results - and people were happy with this rule.
:(

Jager

International Debutant
Wait one moment, Jaques Kallis not an all time great? He is up there with the absolute best for me

smash84

The Tiger King
Definitely will lose votes from me.

Morgie is going to struggle heaps - spending 1/5th of a salary on Kallis is crazy. I think you can probably only afford that much on 1 player per team, so chose an ATG.
more than a tad harsh on Kallis

definitely an ATG

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Wait one moment, Jaques Kallis not an all time great? He is up there with the absolute best for me
more than a tad harsh on Kallis

definitely an ATG
Yeah I probably shouldn't have said ATG - I guess it depends on how many Cricketers fit into that category. Would he make my best ever world XI? no. Would be make my second XI? No.

Basically I feel as though you should only spend 20% of your salary on someone who is definitely going to make your world XI.

I obviously understand that Kallis could make Morgie's so he did that.

Jager

International Debutant
Just for future reference, Walcott was designated wicketkeeper for 15 games, which is just over a third of the test matches he played.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wasn't aware that we only had $15 million. Though it was $150 million :oops:

Even so, he can bat and bowl. It's a fairish call IMO.

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Teams So Far

Morgieb

Jacques Kallis - 3 million
Jeffrey Dujon (+) - 1.25 million

Jager

Javed Miandad (*) - 1.56 million

8ankitj

Courtney Walsh (*) - 1.6 million