• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashwin and Jadeja ranked no 1 and 2 test bowlers.

viriya

International Captain
On ashwin's overseas record- he's only 30. He's gotten better in the past year and I expect him to improve his overseas record in the future.

Not his fault that he is arguably the most dominant home bowler of all time (only murali can argue otherwise).

srbhkshk

International Captain
Jadeja never has really bad days like Ash or some other spinners sometimes do, either he is picking up wickets and keeping the runs down or he is keeping the runs down. I will still not call him number 1 to be honest, but he is a a top ten bowler easily.

Gob

International Coach
Dennis Lillee Economy rate in Asia: 3.10
Ravi Jadeja Economy rate outside Asia: 2.60
I was disagreeing with the wicket taking part
Think this requires a better explanation than this. Dennis the menace played four tests in Asia and went hilariously bad in three of them (all in Pakistan). You could even highlight certain bits from those figures to enhance the badness but end of the day its 3 tests. For what its worth the pitches for those tests could have been like Adelaide day 2, Pakistan could've been playing with 13 players or Lillee could've been bowling with a pebble in his shoe the point is as bad as those tests were they were just 3 tests and that doesn't mean his bowling would be the same had he played another test. There is obviously no statical base for this but instead its mostly based on knowing the amount of bowling Lillee did on flat Australian wickets and in WI in WSC and also knowing his skill set as a bowler specially his cutters so for an instance
If Dennis plays his fifth test in the Subcontinent on that Bengalore wicket he could most likely end up with 7 for 50. Again there is no statistical base for this so I have a better chance of convincing something like this to a chimpanzee than to say Viryia but expect you to get this.

Ravinder on the other hand I don't think possess the capabilities to succeed out side his comfort zone. I think on most wickets in Australia,England,NZ and SA he will just keep it tight given his accuracy but will be seen off easily since there won't be any extravagant turn to put batsmen off and would en up mostly with 2 for 90sh or 3 for 140sh kind of figures.

Motorwada

Banned
Think this requires a better explanation than this. Dennis the menace played four tests in Asia and went hilariously bad in three of them (all in Pakistan). You could even highlight certain bits from those figures to enhance the badness but end of the day its 3 tests. For what its worth the pitches for those tests could have been like Adelaide day 2, Pakistan could've been playing with 13 players or Lillee could've been bowling with a pebble in his shoe the point is as bad as those tests were they were just 3 tests and that doesn't mean his bowling would be the same had he played another test. There is obviously no statical base for this but instead its mostly based on knowing the amount of bowling Lillee did on flat Australian wickets and in WI in WSC and also knowing his skill set as a bowler specially his cutters so for an instance
If Dennis plays his fifth test in the Subcontinent on that Bengalore wicket he could most likely end up with 7 for 50. Again there is no statistical base for this so I have a better chance of convincing something like this to a chimpanzee than to say Viryia but expect you to get this.

Ravinder on the other hand I don't think possess the capabilities to succeed out side his comfort zone. I think on most wickets in Australia,England,NZ and SA he will just keep it tight given his accuracy but will be seen off easily since there won't be any extravagant turn to put batsmen off and would en up mostly with 2 for 90sh or 3 for 140sh kind of figures.
He has a 6 fer in SA

burr

State Vice-Captain
Mmm. Looking forward to India's next tour outside the sub-continent that isn't the non-entity which is the West Indies. The will be the real test - of the team and the rankings.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member

no doubt that OS was actually serious

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is anyone seriously suggesting Jadeja is a better bowler than Dennis Lillee? I mean, come on, this can't be a thing.

cricmad

Cricket Spectator
You raise a good point hb. As long as Ashwin and Jadeja don't play tests outside of India they'll likely keep their artificially high rankings.
Good point.This is something that needs to be factored into the ranking calculations. If a bowler is not considered good enough to be picked for a match, that should cause some ranking points to be deducted. Similar to how players lose ranking points in tennis if they don't show up for tournaments.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good point.This is something that needs to be factored into the ranking calculations. If a bowler is not considered good enough to be picked for a match, that should cause some ranking points to be deducted. Similar to how players lose ranking points in tennis if they don't show up for tournaments.
I agree with you there. There's no way that someone like Siddle should still be rated 22 in the world when he hasn't played for so long. Voges has retired and is still ranked 18th as a batsman. Khawaja should lose rankings because he's not been picked in India.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
People who criticize Lillee's performances in Pakistan should read Imran's autobiography