• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ascending Average Draft (Tests) - Voting Thread

Teuton

International Captain
Maybe its because I am an AFL & NBA fan where bottom team gets first draft pick, but what about giving ppl who have never won a draft first go.

I dont expect everyone knows quite how many wins they have had but you probably know if its none, one, some or lots.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think we agreed on post WW2 to make it tight. Still something to consider for the future though.

trundler

Haha yeah that was discussed before we had a massive pool. My idea was that if you make a big leap you gotta pay for it. With 17 drafters that's guaranteed anyway.

I might close the votes on this as soon as we get all the usual votes in.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Not had the time for a full writeup or look as in much depth as normally but for me the better sides of each matchup are

1st QF - AnkitJ
2nd QF - Fuller Pilch
3rd QF - Teuton
4th QF - Pothas

Special mentions for FP's 3-6 which I am a big fan of. AndrewB unlucky - I had initially gone for him but I think that Fazal Mahmood pick from Pothas grew on me and looking at his record not a whole lot more you could ask for. Was already super close in my view between both so that swung it in Pothas favour that my view of Mahmood went up - also perhaps a more established 2nd spin option for Pothas too in Mushtaq Mohammed - although Greig could bowl spin himself so really a close pick. All solid sides amongst 8 quarter-finalists especially given the unique parameters of the draft

Last edited:

anil1405

International Captain
- Ankit
- Fuller (strange feeling with Fuller's team...you get the feeling his opponents team is better until you read the last name on the list and then the overall perception changes.)
- Teuton (Marginally ahead of ataraxia's team purely because of Lara's ability to take on the best bowlers)
- Andrew

trundler

Had a completely sleepless night and then a busy day so I'll probably get to the count in the morning if that's alright