• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ascending Average Draft (Tests) - Voting Thread

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
1st QF
Ankitj
Marcuss
Bill PonsfordLen Hutton
Conrad HunteMichael Atherton
Ricky Ponting (c)Richie Richardson
George HeadleyRahul Dravid
Doug WaltersAllan Border
Shakib Al Hasan [5]Michael Vaughan
Imtiaz Ahmed +Les Ames
Richard Hadlee [1]Imran Khan
Jack Cowie [3]Jim Laker
Stuart MacGill [4]Mohammed Asif
Courtney Walsh [2]Wayne Daniel

2nd QF

Red Hill CC
Fuller Pilch
Desmond HaynesG. Greenidge
Mark Taylor *M. Richardson
Viv RichardsM. Labuschagne 6
Greg ChappellK. Sangakkara*
Ernest TyldesleyS. Chanderpaul
Eddie PaynterA.B. De Villiers+
Godfrey Evans +C. Cairns 4
Harold LarwoodV. Philander 1
Graeme SwannH. Tayfield 5
Dennis LilleeA. Bedser 2
Bruce ReidC. Ambrose 3

3rd QF

Teuton
Ataraxia
Herbert Sutcliffe 60.731. RB Simpson* / o
Alastair Cook 45.352. WM Lawry /
Rohan Kanhai 47.533. CL Walcott /
Brian Lara 52.884. A Flower /
Ted Dexter 47.895. SJ McCabe / o
Frank Woolley 36.076. AW (Dave) Nourse / o
Alan Knott 32.757. MJ Procter o /
Wasim Akram 22.648. SMH Kirmani + /
Bob Willis c 11.509. SE Bond o
Shoaib Akhtar 10.0710. DL Underwood o
Bhagwat Chadrasekhar 4.0711. AA Donald

4th QF

AndrewB
Pothas
Barry RichardsGraeme Smith
Arthur MorrisDavid Warner
Frank WorrellDavid Gower
Javed MiandadSteve Smith
Martin DonnellyInzamam-ul-Haq
Tony GreigMushtaq Mohammad
Ian HealyMatt Prior
Maurice TateShaun Pollock
Ray LindwallFazal Mahmood
Bill O'ReillyRangana Herath
Jasprit BumrahDale Steyn

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I quite like Ataraxia's team. I know I'm supposed to be impartial but I have shown myself to be very inept at running these things.

trundler

...and if I had not timed out, I could've grabbed Headley instead of Walcott...
The next draft I'm gonna run will do something a little different with round 1. I'll pick a time that's suitable for all timezones and make it a free-for-all. Say something like afternoon for me would be morning in the UK and evening in Australia.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah, with the new design showing us posts made as we type our replies, that is more feasible than earlier too. Good idea. :)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
TBF, ataraxia's side is awesome and maybe tomorrow if I had to vote again I might say his is better than Teuton. He is very unlucky to have drawn Teuton IMO.

trundler

I love Tate and Lindwall at 8 and 9 in Andrew's team. Would be the most epic troll-rounder partnership and both compliment each other perfectly as bowlers too. And Pothas's batting covers all different styles and would be great to watch. All top sides, of course.

trundler

The next draft I'm gonna run will do something a little different with round 1. I'll pick a time that's suitable for all timezones and make it a free-for-all. Say something like afternoon for me would be morning in the UK and evening in Australia.
What do you lot think of this idea?

trundler

Oh yes but round 1 is a bit of a ballache because it can be too much of an advantage with a large pool of players. To amend that I've thought of round 1 being a free for all starting at a specific time and then we can go from there.