• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ALPHA CRICKET BLOKES!!!! ff

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Okay anyone that reads my off-topic views will know I'm left-wing in everything, I actually love triggering the right-wing snowflakes into calling me an SJW, because I actually happy to align to that term.

Yet we are sports fans in general, so in this way we need the meat and gristle of the dominant male.

I think i come up with this thread, because I'm watching this terrible show, where Jamie Redknapp (england footballer), Jack Whitehall( successful comedian and actor) and James Corden (bizarrely huge star now), are all really deferential to Freddy Flintoff.

Remembering that various Rugby forwards (basically professionally violent people) said that Flintoff kinda stopped violence, when there was what would seem an uneven fight between rugger and cricketers in a friendly way by getting them under control and sitting on them.

So who is the MEN you feel just dwarf their fellow competitors through pure balls out machismo?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Isn't he about 4' tall?

I think Beefy and Stokes are probably alphas, so maybe it's a northern all - rounder thing. Conveniently ignoring the fact they hail from Yeovil and Christchurch respectively. Botham definitely sees a kindred spirit in Stokes, judging by his cod - paternal eulogising of the copper - topped Kiwi convert.

And, in an increasingly desperate attempt to a universal styley theory, both have rugby connections too; Beefy ' s son played union for England A and Stokes ' s old man was a one - cap NZ league international.

fredfertang

The Big Ship, Warwick Armstrong - 6 feet four and twenty stone - 'ground zero for Aussie arseholeness' according to Jarrod Kimber

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A fairly handy ODI XI off the top of my head:

Chris Gayle
Graeme Smith
Viv Richards
Keith Miller
Adam Gilchrist+
Ian Botham*
Andrew Symonds
Brian McMillan
Shane Warne
Curtly Ambrose
Dennis Lillee

Honourable mentions:

Chris Cairms
Andrew Flintoff
Lance Cairns

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Border (c)
Lillee
Marsh, R
Chappell, I
Miller
Warne
Hayden
Ponting
Benaud
Gregory
Stackpole

I'm sure here's a few blokes from other nations who are Alpha males, but I can't think of any.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Isn't he about 4' tall?

I think Beefy and Stokes are probably alphas, so maybe it's a northern all - rounder thing. Conveniently ignoring the fact they hail from Yeovil and Christchurch respectively. Botham definitely sees a kindred spirit in Stokes, judging by his cod - paternal eulogising of the copper - topped Kiwi convert.

And, in an increasingly desperate attempt to a universal styley theory, both have rugby connections too; Beefy ' s son played union for England A and Stokes ' s old man was a one - cap NZ league international.
Botham's Wirral born, don't take it away from us

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Peter Willey worthy of a shout. Reputedly hard as coffin nails; even Botham knew not to mess.

The Old Bald Bastard himself too; seemingly impervious to pain. In another life he'd have been the Sergeant Major who took out a machine gun nest armed only with twenty Woodbines and a teaspoon.

grecian

Ravi Bopara is the most alpha male ever.

Wins this by so much.
Well obviously, but goes without saying.

Surprised it took so long to mention Kieth miller, flew fighter planes, ****ed princesses.

Botham did call Close the toughest man he ever played with or against and that would include Viv, lillee, Thommo, Border, Willey et cetera. "catch it".

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Gilchrist is about the least-alpha cricketer I can imagine really. I've seen him give a bit to batsman, but he seemed apologetic at times.