• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Semi Final - Australia v India (26th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

viriya

International Captain
i'm new however in the time i've been here viriya strikes me as the kind of guy who thinks sport is won with data on computers and would have thought the 438 would be as impossible as pigs flying because it hadn't actually been done before

maybe it is time to go for the english coaching job
What I'm saying is that India's chances are at the impossible level now.. which is like saying they have maybe a 1-2% chance of winning, because there's always a chance.

And that 438 chase - no one thought it was possible after the first innings. It just happened. Doesn't mean you think it's gonna happen again.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
they don't have the icing in the hut for the 35th over. it's these two with ashwin/jadeja cameos at the end. they have to knock it around for ten then throw the dice.

elliott/anderson partnership is a good blueprint. dhoni is a master chaser though so i bet he doesn't care what we think.
He (Dhoni) has suddenly just had a swipe at Hazelwood. He would be better off putting it all on red and gambling taking on Maxwell.
Anyway your last sentence is a good one. Dhoni's judgement should be trusted I guess. Although when we beat India 5-0 here - I felt he left his slogging too late.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
dhawan's knock still helping india out. despite rahane's strike rate india are still well placed runs wise (much less so wickets wise ofc)
Yeah if this was Australia's batting lineup you'd still give India a significant sniff at it. As it is though....

Primrose_D12

U19 Cricketer
There are like 15 people left at this theater lol.

Then again it is 2:50 in the morning. I'm one of few people crazy enough to not go home yet.

Spark

Global Moderator
didn't see much on cw at least? thought the cummins v haze thread was heavily in favour of him.
lot of people saying he was "unproven" and hence a weak link. he's not "proven" in terms of lots of match experience but the bloke is such obvious class that it doesn't really matter

viriya

International Captain
There are like 15 people left at this theater lol.

Then again it is 2:50 in the morning. I'm one of few people crazy enough to not go home yet.
I'm up at 5.52am and I have to be some place by 8.30am. At least I'm doing some work on the side.

Spikey

i'm new however in the time i've been here viriya strikes me as the kind of guy who thinks sport is won with data on computers and would have thought the 438 would be as impossible as pigs flying because it hadn't actually been done before

maybe it is time to go for the english coaching job
much like england, it appears they use the wrong type of data anyway

Primrose_D12

U19 Cricketer
I'm up at 5.52am and I have to be some place by 8.30am. At least I'm doing some work on the side.
Okay you're crazier than me. I've been up since 8 yesterday morning, but I have the day off today (Thursday).

I have to wake up at 8:30ish in the middle of my sleep to take my medication on schedule though.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
What I'm saying is that India's chances are at the impossible level now.. which is like saying they have maybe a 1-2% chance of winning, because there's always a chance.

And that 438 chase - no one thought it was possible after the first innings. It just happened. Doesn't mean you think it's gonna happen again.
No you ****ing didn't you liar. You said India were ****ed if Kohli went which I called a knee jerk post. My point has always been that India have a chance particularly as they've got the best finisher in history at the crease. You disagreed and now you're arguing my point for me?

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
"Done and dusted I am afraid imo . Australia New Zealand final as was wanted from day 1 of the comp" - Naill o brian clearly didn't think Ireland would make the finals xD

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah both dhoni and Rahane should just go from now, in that tied game against NZ Jadeja and Ashwin were able to get close because we kept the RR in check.

Daemon

Australia ****ed up the last 10 and still managed 83 off them. There's no safe way to do this but it's easier to go 7 an over now then chase 11-12 an over in the last 10 than start going at 9rpo for the next 20.

Or is it? idk. i want to believe in dhoni but ugh ****ing australia's gonna win this