• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Semi Final - Australia v India (26th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah now that I've calmed down my thoughts are closer to Pratters than *****. I just think it was a combination of him not timing the chase right and the bowling being excellent. Not going after the part timers really hurt us in the end and it was excellent captaincy from Clarke.

anil1405

International Captain
He had a lot to do and he said that. That doesn't mean the team was not a fighting one. That's why it is a mountain out of a mole hill. You are equating his leaving it too late to lack of fighting, which isn't true. The Indian team has fought pretty well this whole tournament. Even in this game, to pull back Australia to less than 330 when they looked like they would make 360/370 was definitely what a fighting team would do.
You're right. The team fought so well throughout the tournament and even in the first innings of this game to restrict Aus to 330. That makes it a bit more disappointing to see MS give up in the way he did.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
He left the charge to too late. Saying he effectively threw in the towel and gave up isn't fair. He batted with Rahane and got to the stage where they could have started the charge. That was not what I would call giving up. People miscalculate, it's sport - criticise him all you want for that. Saying he gave up, is making things in your mind. You don't start criticisng sportsmen for giving up until you know factually that they did.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He left the charge to too late. Saying he effectively threw in the towel and gave up isn't fair. He batted with Rahane and got to the stage where they could have started the charge. That was not what I would call giving up. People miscalculate, it's sport - criticise him all you want for that. Saying he gave up, is making things in your mind. You don't start criticisng sportsmen for giving up until you know factually that they did.
It's the interview he gave more than anything that's making people think this, though.

When I watched it live, I just thought he miscalculated a bit, left his run slightly late and got no support when he needed it. **** happens. His interview told a bit of a different story though; he came across very defeatist and I think *****'s concerns may have a hint of truth to them.

anil1405

International Captain
The run out says everything for me personally. Hardly bothered to make an effort to get in. That summed up his body language.

Again, taking no credit away from what he had done throughout the tournament. It was just this one innings which I did not like from him.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
@ PEWS Which interview? Is it some thing different to the press conference or was it some thing some reported in the press conference and put it down as an interview? A lot of times what MSD says is construed as a million things by a million people. For instance, in the presser, he said that they have been here 3.5 months, if they were there 0.5 months more, they could apply for citizenship. Now that was said with a bit of humour, to highlight what a long tour this had been, and it can be tough on the players. Some people would start commenting on that as if he is giving an excuse.

Here, I have a feeling that he said it was a steep one for him and people are construing it as if he gave up as it was a steep chase. When you come into bat chasing 330 and 100 some thing for four with not lot a batting left, it is a steep chase. That is a fact and saying it doesn't make it any less or more steep.