• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

13th Match - India v South Africa

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
India were awesome

On the bright side, it is unlikely that Amla and AB will fail more than twice in the world cup, so the trophy is ours.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
India were awesome

On the bright side, it is unlikely that Amla and AB will fail more than twice in the world cup, so the trophy is ours.
But AB and Amla not performing is not the real problem. It is the no.7 bowling-allrounder that is and the lack of batting depth that should really worry SA.

anil1405

International Captain
After this game if Domingo has realised that Parnell is fit only for carrying drinks then thats a great boost for South Africa's chances in the tournament. Rossouw or Behardien (he is also crap but not as much as Parnell i suppose) should play at no.7.

Bleed_Blue

School Boy/Girl Captain
Excellent all round performance. This is why even during the tri-series I said that I remained confident that we would defend our title. We are an excellent limited overs team and raise our game in ICC global events having only lost 2 games in our last two matches.

Dhawan looks a different player that week off which is invaluable to us. I said we had a good odi attack and people laughed at me hopefully now people will understand what I meant, as I said earlier we don't have the type bowling attack like Australia that blast a team out but we have some great containing bowlers who can build pressure tie the batsman down and create opportunities there is more than one way to skin a cat, since 2014 Shami is the leading wicket taker in ODI Cricket, we have a very good bowling attack for ODI which they proved once more today.

smash84

The Tiger King
wow.....woke up to find SA lose with a ridculously huge margin.

Was expecting a closer contest.

Well played India, the team is looking excellent and the batting back in form looks set to at least get to the semi finals

viriya

International Captain
India were awesome

That'd be true but the way SA collapsed should've reminded you of the NZ game in the last WC..

AB run out
Duminy ridiculous shot

As good as India bowled, SA should not have been bowled out for so low.

It just feels like SA is not as good collectively as they are individually - the cracks were shown in the Zim game, and now its more apparent. I had them as #2 faves before this game but I feel like NZ is better atm.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
That'd be true but the way SA collapsed should've reminded you of the NZ game in the last WC..
Ha, it did for me. Get Amla and AB for not much and SA is very vulnerable. All teams can collapse but some of them can fight back from losing their two or three best players, don't know how well SA can do in that regard.

viriya

International Captain
Didn't think I'd say this but SA are really missing Kallis here.. Those steady 5-6 overs from him over Parnell would probably have meant a 280 chase and his steady batting is what's needed in a big run chase. AB is better coming in after the 25th over to up the tempo.

Too bad its too late now.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Super win for India!!! Always had a feeling that we were going to win this one but by this margin, no way.

Hats off to Dhawan! Have to give it to him, he just proved everyone wrong including me. That flick six of Morkel was just ***. Also, what's with our bowling?!? We were rushing SA with pace and bounce!!

Indian fielding in crunch games is top notch. One of the main reason we won the WC last time around was the fielding keeping SL quiet in the first 20 overs. Once we get our tail up the fielding improves considerably.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Also no way SA is winning this WC. Just not that good a team. Duminy and Miller just do not make a good middle order. Also Duminy against spin is just LOL bad. And what was with the running yesterday. Seemed like they decided every time it goes to a pacer they were going to run 2. Ridiculous!

SkyBlue

U19 Debutant
Their middle order looks rather fragile atm.

Atleast when Kallis was around,they could've afforded to have the likes of AB/JP or Miller play lower in the batting order but now they have a clear weak link now which is the no.6/no.7 spot and beyond.No Klusener's,Kemp's and Boucher's in that batting lineup.Both Behardien and Parnell are nowhere near that level.

Last edited: