• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Have any CW members put you off supporting a country?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nah Brumby Harmison is genuinely **** and mentally poo, and deserves what he gets :ph34r:

andmark

International Captain
India, by a banned member (not Pratters) for their comments in the Second Greatest Batsman Thread.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Loving the Indian cricket team hate. It's sort of like the US hate. No one likes people who are perceived as being uppity.

It's a badge of honor - bring it on :p.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Loving the Indian cricket team hate. It's sort of like the US hate. No one likes people who are perceived as being uppity.

It's a badge of honor - bring it on :p.
It's not hate, I definitely don't hate the Indian cricket team in any way. Life is just less fun when they win than it is when they lose :p.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
That's good enough for me. The disappointment, it sustains me!

When people start rooting against you in sports, it's usually a sign that you're doing something right. Sour grapes and all that. Tired of being the nice, polite, quiet losers. Same thing happens with the US often times.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Seriously, there are tard supporters of all countries on here. Some have the veneer of being reasonably eloquent posters but I see very little seperation between any countries on here, especially with regards to the now in vogue victim mentality on here.

Whatever though, it's good for a lol every once in a while seeing guys lose their **** over something trivial someone else posted. Or what SS says.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Very little to do with the team IMO.

Some of the fans are just
un-
-able
on CW.
Haha, the effect is the same for me. I'll know India has succeeded when the Indian cricket team is universally considered a bunch of arrogant little ****s. It's getting there, but not quite there yet. Maybe after Dravid and Tendy retire.

andmark

International Captain
I realise this is a random post with nothing to do with the thread, but:

Why was Richard banned? And for how long?

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cricket-chat/46419-tendulkar-world-cup-player-posts-moved-here.html

The Bunch of Aussies in this thread.

Social, Slippylip,Streetwise,Ikki,Got_spin all would have put me off supporting Australia,if i supported them.

I know Indian fans have been singled out here,but this bunch have not which just seems odd.

And btw,how can some fans put you off supporting a team which u do not already support?

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cricket-chat/46398-batting-against-best-since-2000-a.html

Edit- And stephen in this thread.

Last edited:

Sir Alex

Banned
Agree with silentstriker.

I don't really dislike any poster here. As I said they help me gain an insight into the minds of how an australian fan feels about india, and generally. They are most interesting at their agitated and whingeing best in fact. :-)

Just like silentstriker in religion bashing threads. :ph34r:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Can't be whinging, I have way too much fun bashing religion. Do it with glee. It helps that there are no real arguments on the other side either.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Since Cevno took it upon himself to make a nice little list, can we all make one about forum members that annoy us. Could be a good exercise. Let some of that bad blood out.