• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sehwag's become a quality bowler. Probably better than any spinners Australia have.

Lee isn't who India want to see come out at 9 in this situation.

pasag

RTDAS
Well done Sehwag!

Surely shouldn't be opening the innings after bowling 40+ overs? Dravid should open and put Sehwag down to 3 or 4.

pup11

International Coach
Ahh... in case you haven't noticed he has faced over 200 deliveries, i think its acceptable if his concentration is a little bit broken.
Concentration being a little broken is one thing, but playing two atrocious shots in matter for 6 balls, now surely that isn't smart batting.

EDIT: White gone, good hand from him there and Sehwag gets his first five-for in test cricket, its kind of funny that all of Sehwag wicket dismissals have been either bowled or lbw, so its clear Sehwag really doesn't have much faith in his fielders.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
healy played in a different time, when keepers didn;t need to contribute as much. Gilchrist changed that and others followed flower, dhoni, boucher, kuliwitharinian, sangakara.
What a convenient excuse. I think it's ironic that you're now suffering the Gilchrist-syndrome that the rest of the world has experienced for the last few years, where if their keeper isn't scoring big they must be discarded for the next guy in a desperate search for someone to do the same as Gilchrist.

Haddin doesn't deserve to be dropped now and only idiots would claim that.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Concentration being a little broken is one thing, but playing two atrocious shots in matter for 6 balls, now surely that isn't smart batting.

EDIT: White gone, good hand from him there and Sehwag gets his first five-for in test cricket, its kind of funny that all of Sehwag wicket dismissals have been either bowled or lbw, so its clear Sehwag really doesn't have much faith in his fielders.
It's not so much that he doesn't have faith in them, it's more that they appear to have stumps instead of hands.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sehwag's become a quality bowler. Probably better than any spinners Australia have.

Lee isn't who India want to see come out at 9 in this situation.
The guy was MUCH better than Harby in Australia, so it's not that surprising

pasag

RTDAS
What a convenient excuse. I think it's ironic that you're now suffering the Gilchrist-syndrome that the rest of the world has experienced for the last few years, where if their keeper isn't scoring big they must be discarded for the next guy in a desperate search for someone to do the same as Gilchrist.

Gilchrist suffered the Gilchrist syndrome, tbh :p

NZTailender

healy played in a different time, when keepers didn;t need to contribute as much. Gilchrist changed that and others followed flower(around the same time)
Flower took the gloves around 1994 if I remember correctly. Predates Gilchrists test career by quite a bit, don't you think?

Fact is, there has been very few people to do what Flower and Gilchrist has done - Kumar has given up the gloves to focus on his batting.

Haddin is by far the best option Australia has, which you have said, and yet you want to see him dropped after one rash innings, for people who aren't as good as Haddin, hoping to do something a handful of keepers have done out of dozens upon dozens of others? Yeah, good luck there.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Kumble can't bowl, can't bat, can't field. The team selection for Nagpur is going to be interesting. Or predictable.

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain

Only an complete moron would abuse someone for questioning someone who was not performing. I have made it quite clear he is the best choice on paper BUT that does not mean that there should be discussion about his position. I have not demanded be dropped!!!!!

I understand it must be frustrating for you being a kiwi, a player like haddin would be revered in NZ, unfortunately we have different standards over here.

Last edited:

NZTailender

Only an complete moron would abuse someone for questioning someone who was not peforming.
Yeah, if they weren't performing. Haddin has had 1 <10 score and 1 <20 score from 11 innings, and yet is averaging over 30. Plus, he's picked first for wicketkeeping.

pup11

International Coach
Charmed knock but a century nonetheless for Pup, he has showed a lot of determination and grit in this knock which has been very heartening to see, hope he carries on from here and remains unbeaten till the end.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kumble can't bowl, can't bat, can't field. The team selection for Nagpur is going to be interesting. Or predictable.
That's a really stupid thing to say about one of India's greatest ever cricketers

Obviously, it's escaped your notice that Dravid averages just over 20 in this series whilst both India's opening bowlers have career averages getting up towards 35

Do Oz a massive favour and sack the lot!

NZTailender

Only an complete moron would abuse someone for questioning someone who was not performing. I have made it quite clear he is the best choice on paper BUT that does not mean that there should be discussion about his position. I have not demanded be dropped!!!!!
I think you meant to say there shouldn't be discussion about his position. Considering there is for a start mean he has perhaps not set the world alight. I am saying I don't think his position should be under severe threat at this stage.

I understand it must be frustrating for you being a kiwi, a player like haddin would be revered in NZ, unfortunately we have different standards over here.
Good luck with those standards, because there won't be another Gilchrist for a long time, if ever again. Keepers averaging close to 50 in test cricket are extremely rare at the moment.

Edit: Feel I should point out the irony of..
I fail to see the negative in giving ronchi a go
...who was born in New Zealand.

Last edited:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
That's a really stupid thing to say about one of India's greatest ever cricketers

Obviously, it's escaped your notice that Dravid averages just over 20 in this series whilst both India's opening bowlers have career averages getting up towards 35

Do Oz a massive favour and sack the lot!
Zaheer and Ishant's performances this series are incomparable to Kumble's. The guy is in a rut and is suffering an alarming dip in form coupled with multiple injuries. Let him earn his place in the side like the others. Same goes for Dravid.