• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

pasag

RTDAS
Rewarding Haddin for being the best of the rest of the keepers for the best part of 6 years before debuting, as well as having a massively superior record in First Class cricket to Ronchi does sound right.
True, but should Gilchrist have been hounded out of the job for this? I know which batsman I'd rather in the side at the moment.

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
Rewarding Haddin for being the best of the rest of the keepers for the best part of 6 years before debuting, as well as having a massively superior record in First Class cricket to Ronchi does sound right.
So rewarding haddin for continually giving away his wicket cheaply when his team needs him is ok by you ???

pup11

International Coach
Actually that was a really crap shot from someone of Haddins experience, thats pissed me off somewhat.

Selfish/ careless call it what you will it was unprofessional. Yet to impress me at all at test level, this isnt a ODI FFS !!!
Tbh that's been the real let down for me more than anything else, the kind of shot he got out to is something one expects a bloke like Ronchi to do, Haddin is a very experienced FC cricketer and he should have read the situation a lot better, Australia are far from being out of the woods here, they still trail by quite a few runs and a collapse here, could force them to be battling tomorrow to save the test and that's not going to be easy, so a big partnership is surely needed here.

Having said that i still have faith Haddin, he is the best option available atm for Australia in every form of the game, but unfortunately for him things just haven't gone like he would have wanted them to so far in test cricket.

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
True, but should Gilchrist have been hounded out of the job for this? I know which batsman I'd rather in the side at the moment.
If you want to look at history Healy should have left at the very least a year before he did.

I don;t have a problem with haddins keeping but the lack of application he has shown with the bat this series deserves to be questioned.

I fail to see the negative in giving ronchi a go. Haddin himself has created this, its hardly as if he has had a bad run of luck, just continual poor shot selection.

Last edited:

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
I'm on the drop Haddin bandwagon, keep him in the 1 day side but to me he's proved he can't handle spin bowling. Obviously he's got another test to prove me wrong but failing that, i think he should have some firm pressure applied to him by the selectors. It's also just not his batting but his keeping has been rather poor too.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Bit harsh. First tough test series in the subcontinent and he has made starts in almost every innings (I think)

pup11

International Coach
I'm on the drop Haddin bandwagon, keep him in the 1 day side but to me he's proved he can't handle spin bowling. Obviously he's got another test to prove me wrong but failing that, i think he should have some firm pressure applied to him by the selectors. It's also just not his batting but his keeping has been rather poor too.
If he's dropped then who is gonna be his replacement, its surely can't be Ronchi as his FC record hardly merits him a place in the side.

Precambrian

Banned
Even Stevens at this stage. If India manages to get the remaining 4 within 50 runs, that would leave them with 120 in the bank, and bat like hell to score a 250 in 50-60 overs.

Draw looks most possible, unless
a. Australia loses its remaining wickets for less than 50 runs, and
b. India put up a real fast 220 odd
c. Kumble roars into form in Aus 2nd innings.

Looks dire for a result now, but having seen Sydney 2008, anything can happen in this beautiful game.