• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
I didn't say he shouldn't be questioned, I said he should be down the list of the people who should be.

Aussie batsmen? Yes, maybe.
Aussie keeper-batsman after the retirement of one of their all-time greats who happened to be a freak of wicketkeeping-nature by being somewhat unprecedented and probably could've made the side on batting alone? No.

Haddin has had an okay start with the bat, but remember he's a wicket keeper first and foremost and his keeping has been up to standard, if not more. If he was averaging, say, 20, with more single figure scores than double digit, then I may agree with you.
He is yet to hit a 50 (bearing in mind he's had two innings declared on him when he's been on 45* and 35*...) and somehow still manages to average above 30, largely thanks to scores of 11, 23, 33, 7, 32, 45*, 33, 35*, 9, 37 and finally 17, which lowers it from 33 to 31.

Great, hand a cap to someone completely undeserving (given that most keepers in Sheffield Shield atm are relatively young, especially so compared to Haddin in experience) despite the incumbent not being at all bad (bar one brain explosion) and who is yet to play on the familiar pitches of his home country. Marvelous.
Haddin would walk into the NZ team, but that really isn't the standard by which he should be judged.
He shows a lack of concentration at the crease which betrays his immense natural ability. It shows a lack of respect not only to his god given talent but to his teammates, that's probably what really pisses me off.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Nice for India and their fans to feel what we've had to go through at least four times this series so far. Hopefully we can bat on and on and carry the momentum into Nagpur. I still can't see where the wickets are going to come from in the fourth Test, but you never know.
Nice for Australia and their fans to feel what other teams fans had to go through for atleast the past 10 years.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
What it also means is that the positive talk of Australia saving this test & hoping to go to get a seaming deck @ Nagpur has to be put on hold.

Since if its a freshly laid, deck it could well aid the Indian spinners, thus advantage India again.
Could end up being a road. As Precambrian said, 1-0 at this stage is better than taking a chance going for 2-0 and ending up 1-1 instead. Australia did the same in 2003-04 and 2008 down under too.

Precambrian

Banned
India's fielding is a big joke. And you have a captain who is normally half effective as a fielder as any other, and now he can't use one hand. Really pathetic.

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
healy played in a different time, when keepers didn;t need to contribute as much. Gilchrist changed that and others followed flower(around the same time), dhoni, boucher, Kaluwitharana(massive impact on the role of the keeper), sangakara.
Indeed the reason healy was finally pushed kicking and screaming was not due to his keeping but the fact that Gilchrist was a vastly superior batsman.

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
Clarke is unbreakable atm, but what a douche-bag he is, we have been criticising Haddin for being too adventurous but what is Clarke doing when should be thinking about being there right till the end.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
:laugh:

Well when a team gets tired, fielding suffers significantly more than the other two disciplines. Happens a lot in hot conditions with flat pitches.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Clarke is unbreakable atm, but what a douche-bag he is, we have been criticising Haddin for being too adventurous but what is Clarke doing when should be thinking about being there right till the end.
Ahh... in case you haven't noticed he has faced over 200 deliveries, i think its acceptable if his concentration is a little bit broken.