• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

Precambrian

Banned
Tbh, was referring to the number of times Aus has been jinxed by people of late.

Oz have played well and a couple of the Indian bowlers have not been great
Yeah, Mishra has been just ok, and to be fair to him, had Sharma drop Clarke pretty early. Other than that, noone has really utilised this pitch. Kumble, but for an error from Haddin, has looked the worst of the lot. He really has been a champion, but I feel his time's up.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
The fact is every one of those players has delivered at test level, haddin has not. I struggle to agree with you on Lee and Johnson..., hayden yes needed a score and to a lesser extent so did clarke, but that was widely acknowledged in the media.

Haddin puts such a cheap price on his wicket, for such an experienced player its disappointing to see.
Haddin has a brain explosion and gets crucified, on a wicket thats a complete road where the top 5 have all passed 50, ignoring the fact in the first test he came to the wicket with the score 5-259 and departed with the scored 6-350, came to the wicket in the second innings the score 5-128 and remained not out 35* when the innings was declared at 228, came to the wicket in the second innings of the second test the score 5-58 and managed to outscore 5 of the batsmen proceeding him, ultimately falling on 35 from 105 deliveries, the second top score of the innings in a test Australia lost.

After one brain explosion he deserves to be dropped for an overrated, overhyped, one gear, one trick pony keeper-batsman who the only thing he shares in common with Adam Gilchrist is that they both played for Western Australia? Get. The. ****. Out.

pup11

International Coach
Johnson's figures flatter to deceive, while Lee looks out of sorts. Hayden finally put in a good score after an abysmal couple of tests, while Clarke was in danger of cementing his role as someone who cracks under pressure, especially just before stumps.
I just can't understand why Johnson keeps getting all this criticism when he has easily been Australia's best bowler right through this tour, its clear for everyone to see that Johnson still has plenty of things to sort out as far his bowling is concerned, but still he has done much better than what was expected of him on this tour, its only that Lee and Clark have been below par, had these two bowled upto the expected levels and then add to that the way Johnson and Watson have bowled, the Aussie bowling line-up would have started to look in a lot better shape as compared to what they are looking like right now.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, Mishra has been just ok, and to be fair to him, had Sharma drop Clarke pretty early. Other than that, noone has really utilised this pitch. Kumble, but for an error from Haddin, has looked the worst of the lot. He really has been a champion, but I feel his time's up.
I think Mishra's finding out that:

a. world-class players will work you out quickly;

b. they punish bad balls; and

c. it's very different when you're asked to lead an attack rather than simply being part of a successful unit

He's bowled ok but his figures should be a lesson to Oz supporters expecting someone just to "appear" and be a world-class spinner

As for Kumble, part of the problem is that the Australians play him pretty comfortably anyway

Whether it's the end, time will tell but you'd have to think he'd be tempted/pushed sooner rather than later

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
Haddin has a brain explosion and gets crucified, on a wicket thats a complete road where the top 5 have all passed 50, ignoring the fact in the first test he came to the wicket with the score 5-259 and departed with the scored 6-350, came to the wicket in the second innings the score 5-128 and remained not out 35* when the innings was declared at 228, came to the wicket in the second innings of the second test the score 5-58 and managed to outscore 5 of the batsmen proceeding him, ultimately falling on 35 from 105 deliveries, the second top score of the innings in a test Australia lost.

After one brain explosion he deserves to be dropped for an overrated, overhyped, one gear, one trick pony keeper-batsman who the only thing he shares in common with Adam Gilchrist is that they both played for Western Australia? Get. The. ****. Out.
LOL, well arent we mad.

I can't understand how you thinkk nobody should question the selection of a keeper who is yet to make a fifty in 11 innings.

Any other aussie batsman fails to make a 50 in his first 11 innings, well he would be struggling to keep his spot.

Haddin on paper is the best option (N.B. I have already said this but clearly I have to repeat myself), having said that cricket is not played on paper and maybe someone else should be given a go, doesn't have to be ronchi.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!

c. it's very different when you're asked to lead an attack rather than simply being part of a successful unit

He's bowled ok but his figures should be a lesson to Oz supporters expecting someone just to "appear" and be a world-class spinner

As for Kumble, part of the problem is that the Australians play him pretty comfortably anyway

Whether it's the end, time will tell but you'd have to think he'd be tempted/pushed sooner rather than later
His figures are very rough on him. He's bowled poorly but not 1-128 poorly, no way.

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
Haydens last 11 innings
83, 29, 0, 13, 0, 103, 123, 13, 47, 124

Clarke's last 11 innings
90, 69, 23, 6, 11, 48*, 0, 10, 110, 118, 81

Haddins last 11 innings
11, 23, 33, 7, 32, 45*, 33, 35*, 9, 37, 17

strange that people would say they were under threat with form like that.

Last edited:

cameeel

International Captain
Whilst it was a careless shot, do you really think Luke "I slog more than Haddin" Ronchi would be any better?
Well, no, but to be honest I'll advocate the inclusion of anybody if it means dropping a New South Welshman :)

In all seriousness though, Haddin has (so far) shown a worrying lack of judgment when it comes to moderating his approach to fit the situation, and his keeping has hardly been all that great either - though Dhoni has struggled a bit as well.

Precambrian

Banned
I just can't understand why Johnson keeps getting all this criticism when he has easily been Australia's best bowler right through this tour, its clear for everyone to see that Johnson still has plenty of things to sort out as far his bowling is concerned, but still he has done much better than what was expected of him on this tour, its only that Lee and Clark have been below par, had these two bowled upto the expected levels and then add to that the way Johnson and Watson have bowled, the Aussie bowling line-up would have started to look in a lot better shape as compared to what they are looking like right now.
Johnson has got most of wickets due to unforced errors by batsmen. And he hasnt really lived upto the high standards required of a frontline paceman, as his economy rate shows.

Briony

International Debutant
Boy this pitch is flat. Let's call it off now and preserve the collective strength for Nagpur.

Precambrian

Banned

Jeez, give 'him some time! He's playing only his second test match!

And had Sharma latched onto that chance off Clarke, probably he'd have better figures. Certainly 1-120odd does not justice to how he has bowled.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Johnson has got most of wickets due to unforced errors by batsmen. And he hasnt really lived upto the high standards required of a frontline paceman, as his economy rate shows.
Economy rate- the one true indicator of a poor test bowler. 8-)

Precambrian

Banned
Boy this pitch is flat. Let's call it off now and preserve the collective strength for Nagpur.
Yeah. Expect another road there and all Aussie batsmen can go home boasting about how they "figured out" batting in India, even if that meant a 1-0 loss.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
LOL, well arent we mad.

I can't understand how you thinkk nobody should question the selection of a keeper who is yet to make a fifty in 11 innings.
I didn't say he shouldn't be questioned, I said he should be down the list of the people who should be.

Any other aussie batsman fails to make a 50 in his first 11 innings, well he would be struggling to keep his spot.
Aussie batsmen? Yes, maybe.
Aussie keeper-batsman after the retirement of one of their all-time greats who happened to be a freak of wicketkeeping-nature by being somewhat unprecedented and probably could've made the side on batting alone? No.

Haddin has had an okay start with the bat, but remember he's a wicket keeper first and foremost and his keeping has been up to standard, if not more. If he was averaging, say, 20, with more single figure scores than double digit, then I may agree with you.
He is yet to hit a 50 (bearing in mind he's had two innings declared on him when he's been on 45* and 35*...) and somehow still manages to average above 30, largely thanks to scores of 11, 23, 33, 7, 32, 45*, 33, 35*, 9, 37 and finally 17, which lowers it from 33 to 31.

Haddin on paper is the best option (N.B. I have already said this but clearly I have to repeat myself), having said that cricket is not played on paper and maybe someone else should be given a go, doesn't have to be ronchi.
Great, hand a cap to someone completely undeserving (given that most keepers in Sheffield Shield atm are relatively young, especially so compared to Haddin in experience) despite the incumbent not being at all bad (bar one brain explosion) and who is yet to play on the familiar pitches of his home country. Marvelous.

Precambrian

Banned
Economy rate- the one true indicator of a poor test bowler. 8-)
It is, when your mates go for about 3 and yourself go for above 4 an over, plus you bowl a good chunk of overs, it means you have been really expensive. Johnson is yet to bowl a match-changing spell.

pasag

RTDAS
Nice for India and their fans to feel what we've had to go through at least four times this series so far. Hopefully we can bat on and on and carry the momentum into Nagpur. I still can't see where the wickets are going to come from in the fourth Test, but you never know.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jeez, give 'him some time! He's playing only his second test match!

QUOTE]

That's exactly the point!

Mishra hasnt been great but it is only his second match and it would be ludicrous to think that every game could be like his first

How quickly he learns will tell us whether he is here to stay