• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Final: France vs NZ

BoyBrumby

Englishman
We are ****ed Cruden is out!

Please Stephen Donald Please.
The AB 10 shirt getting increasingly like the Spinal Tap drumseat.

Been a sterling defensive effort from les bleus, but it's really been Weepu's kicking that's kept them in it. 13-0 has a much better look to it.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Firstly, sensational reaction from the French to the haka - not sure if they're permitted to do that given the IRB wants both sides behind their 10 metre lines but I'm not complaining if they breached an IRB ruling.

Relying on Stephen Donald to see out 45 minutes in a World Cup final with a five point lead...didn't see that coming. Such a woeful run of injuries to our flyhalves that its become farcical.

Also wouldn't have anticipated Tony Woodcock being the only pointscorer at halftime, although really Weepu should've been able to extend the lead with some relatively comfortable penalty attempts.

All in all, think France are playing well and frustrating the ABs with their solid defence. Save for a lapse in concentration when Woodcock found a huge hole in their line-out, and its been pretty even.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Nervous as hell with a tiny five point lead. Anything could happen from here.

Stating the obvious but we need to kick better. Not just goalkicking either - some of the field kicks towards the end of the second half were ugly.

Must score first in second half.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
disappointing 1st half.
both teams were ordinary...
weepu , as I inticipated, is having a nightmare...

it's been a mistakes galore imo.
we need to score tries if we are to win (actually france don't look like getting any points so we just gotta keep it tight)

ref's been a bit lenient to us...

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Nervous as hell with a tiny five point lead. Anything could happen from here.

Stating the obvious but we need to kick better. Not just goalkicking either - some of the field kicks towards the end of the second half were ugly.

Must score first in second half.
You always post what I am thinking.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Surprised to see no highlights (on the feed I'm watching anyway) of France penalty miss and Donald penalty - both were very close to upright.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surprised to see no highlights (on the feed I'm watching anyway) of France penalty miss and Donald penalty - both were very close to upright.
Yeah the Donald one looked very close. I thought he'd missed it.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
France' defence is so flat and we're struggling to break through it. In contrast All Black defence is a little disjointed - players moving up not in line - am worried France could find a gap in that.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
The problem with us leading by just one point is that the dominant feeling is fear. Can pretty much guarantee that France will score at least 3 more points at some point.

Possibly now.