• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Final 1 - France vs Wales

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I really don't have a gut feel for who will win this. I have tipped France by 3 however. My theory is that France could have played a lot better in the 2nd half last week. I do think that Wales is better than England. But just think France have more in reserve.

Who do you think will take it.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Wales, for mine - simply because you know what you're going to get.
Yup I guess thats a good way of looking at it. Plus you tend to get comparably poor French performances following a completely unexpected result like in 99 and 07. Wales look in good form though and throughout the tournament have tended to play well in crucial situations - they could easily have choked against Ireland when Earls scored his try and Ireland levelled at 10-10 but they dominated from that point; and they held their nerve against Samoa in the group stage who have been a side which they generally struggle against.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Come on the surrender monkeys you simply have to win. I want England to remain the only home nation to have made a final thanks and we don't want Wales to have a chance of winning it anyway.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Priestland is a big miss for the Leekists. Maybe not as lavishly gifted as his replacement, but he brings a calm assurance to the fly half berth that Hook doesn't always.

Have tipped them, but their record against the French is pretty patchy at best.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I think we were naming him in the top XV of the tournament as well. If Hook tries to run instead of setting up Roberts then Wales will lose. The coaches must give him a game plan and he must execute it.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Wales winning the breakdown easily so far.

Adam Jones going off so early will hurt them. Paul James is not a great scrummager and is up against one of the better front rows around.

Terrible pen miss from Hook right in front too; looked to lose his footing. No Welshman can ever use slippery conditions as an excuse either.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
French shredding the Welsh at the scrum there, earned their penalty.

Can't believe that decision tho; effectively runied the spectacle now. Not often I feel sorry for the Welsh, but...