• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Uppercut
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Dunno what's behind it, haven't ever heard it said by anyone other than Aussie captains, really. Maybe it's a reflection of playing on Aussie decks where pitches don't change that much through the course of a game so, once you get through the first session, can set you up for the match/series.
    Yeah, it happened to Australia over their winter tours as well; they were underdogs against Sri Lanka.
    Yeah I've bet on India to win the series already. Haven't looked into the exotics yet but India are definitely paying overs for the series, and that's coming from someone who isn't as pessimistic about Australian cricket as most supporters here. It'll be a close-fought series but India are definitely more likely to win than Australia IMO and the odds don't reflect that at all.
    oi, I'm trying to bait TumTum. Less of your Krezja facts that contradict me please :p
    When a Defendant puts forward a basis of plea that is different from the prosecution case the Judge has to sentence on the basis of the defence version unless he thinks that the differing versions would make a significant difference to the sentence. In that case he has to hold a trial on the facts (lawyers call it a "Newton" trial). Here the CPS were, apparently, content to accept his version but that doesn't mean the judge had to and he obviously didn't and heard a Newton trial - now of course he would have relied on evidence he heard in the main trial, which Amir's legal team didn't take part in (I don't think) which isn't necessarily unfair, but makes it tricky for the judge and I'm sure Amir will cry foul on that point
    Longer than I expected but other than for Amir I wouldn't think they are appealable - but there are no precedents, other than the Sheff Wednesday footballers in the 60s, which is far too old really, but they all got sent down. Even Amir will struggle on an appeal but he has youth on his side
    Hey mate. I'm doing a winners-only round of LMS for the final day of the series, if you're in.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…