• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I think so.

I believe @GIMH did it a long time ago.
I didn't actually though you aren't far off.

@Bun had got in my head so much leading to many infractions and a one-week ban that I emailed James and asked for a six month ban. This was declined by the mods. I then reacted a few more times to bad posts with even worse ones and got a 'Serial Offender' infraction which saw me gone for the six months I'd asked for anyway (though cooler heads had prevailed so I didn't actually want the ban by then). This was later reduced to three with three months of 'probation' afterwards.

Think I've only ever had one or two infractions since and a handful of warnings. However I believe Shri may have requested a ban recently and been granted it? CW runs very differently now to 2010-11. I don't think the situation that led to my antics would arise these days.

cnerd123

likes this
4 out of the last 7 bans have been due to posters asking for a break from the forums. The other 3 have been davado

What's going on atm. Are we really that intolerable/addictive bunch? :(

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
4 out of the last 7 bans have been due to posters asking for a break from the forums. The other 3 have been davado

Many members are madly in love with @Smudge but don't have the self-control to stay away even though they know it's unrequited.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member

losing them is tough but i take it as a positive that they are unable to detach themselves from the forum voluntarily...it is kind of addictive even for folks who don't post much...if it was intolerable for them, they would've just left...plus as pews said, the unhealthy obsession with smudge...