• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Slippy gets banned for a thread calling a female cricketer attractive without saying anything derogatory meanwhile there's a post going on speculating about the dick size of cricketers. Atrocious modding. Truly a sign of the heteronormative and repressive society we live in.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
#BringBackSlippy

Also how do I check how many infraction points I am on currently
I don’t think you can. Up until the forum upgrade three years ago there was a tab on your profile. But this platform doesn’t allow members to see their infraction status. Apparently this is to discourage posters from hovering close to a ban at all times by allowing themselves a certain number of offensive posts without going over the limit.
As if anyone on here would do that. :santa:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Slippy gets banned for a thread calling a female cricketer attractive without saying anything derogatory meanwhile there's a post going on speculating about the dick size of cricketers. Atrocious modding. Truly a sign of the heteronormative and repressive society we live in.
Wow I wonder why you don't want to talk about the penis size of people. Really makes you think.

Shady Slim

International Coach
I mean surely hot sportswomen is no more cringe worthy than who has the biggest dick. I don't even mind the latter thread. Slippy got banned for being slippy pretty much.
eh tbf there's a line between potentially unfunny irony (phallus thread) and something which is at best objectificative and at worst going to plainly deteriorate in to straight misogyny - much more so given davado got rung up for the same thing

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I mean surely hot sportswomen is no more cringe worthy than who has the biggest dick. I don't even mind the latter thread. Slippy got banned for being slippy pretty much.
I gave him 5 points for making a creepy and inappropriate thread. Not my fault he apparently had like 100000000000000000000 points already, especially since I was responsible for 0 of those.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
eh tbf there's a line between potentially unfunny irony (phallus thread) and something which is at best objectificative and at worst going to plainly deteriorate in to straight misogyny - much more so given davado got rung up for the same thing
Nah if that were to happen then infractions would be fair game but it was just a dumb thread really. The Davado stuff became a pattern and was super creepy because of the other things he was obsessed with. Y'all need to loosen up.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
At risk of talking out of school I actually think some of the slippy infractions for spam and ignoring instructions etc over the years were harsh (even the instructions themselves were harsh), and I think he adds something to the forum when he doesn't overdo his schtick.

But he earned that one. If you have loading and you post edgy **** that violates the rules - especially in a brand new thread devoted to your **** - you might get banned.

By all means tread the line when you don't have loading, but if you're gonna get a 3 month ban the moment you get a 5 pointer, probably a good signal to stop being a ****head.

Spark

Global Moderator
It's not just that it was edgy. It was that it was edgy and mildly ***ist (and I will admit that the emphasis here is on the word mild) and, most pertinently for slippy, the exact kind of zero-content spam thread about a player that we've told him half a million times to cut out and actually make a substantive OP. That is why he was sitting on 40 points beforehand and that was why it only took a little push to get him a three month ban.

Is that consistent across everyone? No, it is not. We do not, and I would suggest should not, treat regular posters with the same standard as we do slippy when he has had, count 'em, twenty-five warnings and infractions that can all be thrown under the general heading of "spammy posting". At that point no, we're not going to treat you the same way as we do everyone else.