• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Yorkshire CCC racism crisis thread

vandem

International 12th Man
Is Jeetan hard to say? :confused:
I don't know how it works in India, but in NZ nicknames are not uncommon, and nicknames are not always directly linked to the person's name.

I always thought Jeets was nicknamed "Dave" after the Red Dwarf character, not sure if I heard this on a Radio Sport player interview once, or if I am imagining. But could be a variety of other reasons. Nicknames go in and out of fashion. When I grew up "Trev" and "Bruce / Brucey" were common.

My understanding of your emoji is that you think there could be some racist behaviour behind the nickname. Were you trying to troll, or were you serious?

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No, it's the bigots who are wrong
I have seen Vaughan’s alleged comment and if that’s the sum total of it then yes, the world has gone mad

If evidence comes out of this being a pattern then fine but ending a guy’s career over what could be construed as a bad joke is completely over the top

Now I need a shower and a lie down after defending Michael freakin’ Vaughan whom I generally can’t stand

Gnske

My only memory of Vaughan as a commentator was him sitting up in the KFC skybox at the WACA in 2013 and snarfing down some barf-inducing KFC for a promo.

_00_deathscar

International Regular
I have seen Vaughan’s alleged comment and if that’s the sum total of it then yes, the world has gone mad

If evidence comes out of this being a pattern then fine but ending a guy’s career over what could be construed as a bad joke is completely over the top

Now I need a shower and a lie down after defending Michael freakin’ Vaughan whom I generally can’t stand
He does indeed have a history of strange comments…

In isolation they could all be looked at as bad jokes/banter etc

But when there’s so many of them..

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Well he is cancelled in England and has work in Australia. Tells you all you need to know really.
Honestly Fox never should have employed him in the first place. Doesn't offer any sort of insight either technically or tactically, just the sort of painfully unfunny "banter" that you could get from any old dead**** on social media

Vaughan should have been sacked years ago just for being Michael Vaughan

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Really? That comment is ****ing disgusting, and was disgusting in 2009 when he was alleged to have said it. And it ties in with his public comments/ tweets which are flat out racist as well.

Their decision is spot on - how can he comment on that issue, which is one of the biggest in cricket atm, when he has a direct involvement in it?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member

there is a pattern, and he is a racist prick…

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah even a cursory look at his twitter history should be enough for any benefit of the doubt to be ceded pretty quickly

social

Really? That comment is ****ing disgusting, and was disgusting in 2009 when he was alleged to have said it. And it ties in with his public comments/ tweets which are flat out racist as well.

Their decision is spot on - how can he comment on that issue, which is one of the biggest in cricket atm, when he has a direct involvement in it?
C’mon mate, I have heard similar things many times and it really depends on the delivery/context

If Vaughan had a problem with the amount of players of Asian descent playing for Yorkshire then why did he go out of his way to welcome the development in his autobiography?

Vaughan says & tweets lots of stuff looking for a reaction but being a troll is not a hanging offence

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No one's hanging him. He's literally involved in what is the number one issue in English cricket atm, and his employers have dropped him from comms this summer because they say they expect their callers to comment on relevant issues, anbd him doing is so is obviously a conflict of interest.

Writing one paragraph in his book which is contrary to however many public pronouncements he's made doesn't absolve him either. Otherwise you could say Peter Dutton isn't a racist **** because he once helped an Afghan interpreter get out of Kabul.

RossTaylorsBox

So now we have reached the point where you can’t say the exact same words as Vaughan under any circumstance?

Gtfoh with that nonsense you bozo
Give me a circumstance where you would say there's no more English people in London and you have to learn a new language.