• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Yorkshire CCC racism crisis thread

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My son plays cricket with lots of Indian kids and yet I can’t recall a single Islander boy participating at any level

The reverse is true with the rugby codes

What alternate universe do you live in?
That's got nothing to do with physiology

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Incredible posting from social here, really throwing his hat into the ring for a fox news gig

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's got nothing to do with physiology
Incorrect

Participation in junior rugby codes has fallen off a cliff in Australia & the primary cause is differences in physiological development

Both Rugby Australia and Rugby League have introduced weight for age systems in an attempt to address declining participation rates

Put simply, parents didn’t want to see little Johnny get bashed by bigger kids

Now have a look at the ethnic background of the majority of top level rugby players in Australia

They’re of islander descent and are renowned for maturing early

Gnske

So are you saying an Asian is physiologically inferior to a Pacific Islander? I'm concerned you're looking at it wrong and not considering the social / cultural aspects of it, which I think explains more.

social

Incredible posting from social here, really throwing his hat into the ring for a fox news gig
lol

I am about as far from the right wing as it’s possible to be

You guys seem to live in some alternate universe that is totally divorced from reality

TheJediBrah

Incorrect

Participation in junior rugby codes has fallen off a cliff in Australia & the primary cause is differences in physiological development

Both Rugby Australia and Rugby League have introduced weight for age systems in an attempt to address declining participation rates

Put simply, parents didn’t want to see little Johnny get bashed by bigger kids

Now have a look at the ethnic background of the majority of top level rugby players in Australia

They’re of islander descent and are renowned for maturing early
Ok fair point maybe it's a tiny bit related to physiology

anil1405

International Captain
I find this "It's 2021" mentions a bit amusing. While we've made good progress over the years in terms of being open to various issues and made amazing progress in technological growth....the hatred, divisiveness and egos are as bad as ever.

social

So are you saying an Asian is physiologically inferior to a Pacific Islander? I'm concerned you're looking at it wrong and not considering the social / cultural aspects of it, which I think explains more.
Nowhere have I said any such thing

My first post on it referenced BOTH physiological & cultural differences

In general, people from different backgrounds and with different physical traits gravitate towards different sports

I suggest that you go down to any local park in Australia and see who’s playing which sports & why

Not rocket science

TheJediBrah

Nowhere have I said any such thing

My first post on it referenced BOTH physiological & cultural differences

In general, people from different backgrounds and with different physical traits gravitate towards different sports

I suggest that you go down to any local park in Australia and see who’s playing which sports & why

Not rocket science
Sure but it's mostly cultural. Indians aren't genetically suited to cricket, it's just their favourite sport

social

It's true. I think you're still on the 1950 release of the universe. I'm on the alternative 2021 update.
If you’re of the belief that kids in general of all backgrounds share the same interests & physical traits then you are divorced from reality

That’s not racist or some right wing trope & it doesn’t make one better than the other

It’s just life

NZTailender

Sure but it's mostly cultural. Indians aren't genetically suited to cricket, it's just their favourite sport
The flip side is funding that can be poured into it.

To say Pacific islanders are predisposed to be great at rugby because of the genetics conveniently ignores the scores of yanks with similar physiques playing NFL.

They've never been that into rugby and the ones that are don't get huge amounts of resources compared to their main sports.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
If you’re of the belief that kids in general of all backgrounds share the same interests & physical traits then you are divorced from reality
Kids of the same background don't share the same interests and physical traits. So why perpetuate stereotypes based on race? Or any other neat box that people are comfortable with.

NZTailender

That’s not racist or some right wing trope & it doesn’t make one better than the other

It’s just life
I could go on about certain sports are more popular in certain countries and communities due to colonialism and to representation and identification (which is why representation its important - kids have heroes) but I'm posting from my phone and tbh I don't think you're really worth the effort.

The fact you think it's okay for people to have the same thoughts as Vaughan because England isn't so 'English' anymore speaks volumes to me.

Burgey

PSiddy used to bowl rapid when he ate meat. Went all bananarama and became a Pommy level bowler. Sad.

Prove me wrong.