• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2020-21

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My least favourite City player ever. Would throw him off a building without a single second of regret.
Hahaha harsh. Tbf it’s not ideal that his best performance at the Etihad was for Leicester.

The models based on player quality had Spurs has solid favourites for this game, which makes sense looking at the lineups. Pep is actually doing pretty well with what he has now.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Hahaha harsh. Tbf it’s not ideal that his best performance at the Etihad was for Leicester.
If anything I'd be taking it easy on him. You should read what other City fans say about him.

Don't really think this result has anything to do with Spurs. They set up and played as expected, Mourinho would do nothing different. Fact of the matter is that this City side have scored 5 goals in their last 6 games and currently have a negative goal difference. Couldn't hit the side of a barn. Just spend every game passing it sideways and never moving the ball foward and especially not with pace. If Pep doesn't change his philosophy and style of play the next two years will be very long.

Furball

Evil Scotsman

The models based on player quality had Spurs has solid favourites for this game, which makes sense looking at the lineups. Pep is actually doing pretty well with what he has now.
Probably the most damning indictment of his transfer business.

Uppercut

Probably the most damning indictment of his transfer business.
The transfer business isn’t really his though. Not that he bears no responsibility, because he gets a say and it’s his mate in charge of it, but it’s up to the club to appoint someone who can do recruitment.

Uppercut

If anything I'd be taking it easy on him. You should read what other City fans say about him.

Don't really think this result has anything to do with Spurs. They set up and played as expected, Mourinho would do nothing different. Fact of the matter is that this City side have scored 5 goals in their last 6 games and currently have a negative goal difference. Couldn't hit the side of a barn. Just spend every game passing it sideways and never moving the ball foward and especially not with pace. If Pep doesn't change his philosophy and style of play the next two years will be very long.
When I watched them recently his philosophy wasn’t evident at all. Grinding out a lot of 1-0s with none of the crazy good progression and combination play he brings when things are going well.

Then tonight they concede to a ball in behind in the first 10 minutes, almost as if they decided to loosen up for a big game.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The transfer business isn’t really his though. Not that he bears no responsibility, because he gets a say and it’s his mate in charge of it, but it’s up to the club to appoint someone who can do recruitment.
The Mahrez transfer is surely one of the worst of recent seasons?

OverratedSanity

This MLS penalty shootout is truly one of the amazing officiating ****shows I've ever seen. Goalkeeper makes what he thinks is the game winning save, but VAR gives him a second yellow card for coming half a yard off his line, backup goalkeeper is subbed in but then they realize they cant actually make a sub. So an outfield player takes the gloves, who then makes what he thinks is the game winning save, but then the refs realize they still need to take another pen to actually win. Truly amazing sequence :laugh:

The entire thing is worth a watch

Spark

Global Moderator
Theyhad one of the greatest seasons ever in the PL just after it so probably not. I am not saying he's worth 60 million but think there are worst transfers recently
It's also tbf not really the actual problem with City as far as I can tell, although it's probably the most irritating part of watching them play. There's just zero creativity in midfield beyond a fairly out of sorts de Bruyne and a Guardiola team with no creativity in midfield is pretty pointless.

DriveClub

International Regular
I wanna know how transfer business works, out of 60mil for Mahrez how much does Leicester and Mahrez get? Or doors Mahrez only get a pay increase?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I wanna know how transfer business works, out of 60mil for Mahrez how much does Leicester and Mahrez get? Or doors Mahrez only get a pay increase?
Leicester get it all in staggered payments over several years. Mahrez gets a seperately negotiated signing fee (as does his agent) and contract with his new club.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
There are a lot of issues with the side but the main problem with the team is pace. The two title winning teams had fast wingers playing on their natural sides (Sane left, Sterling right) and pace from deep midfield with Fernandinho and Kev. The wingers are now inverted and Sane has gone, Ferna has completely lost his legs and Rodri is slower than me. Every break takes double the time to materialise and the press has lost it's power. It's a shell of what it used to be.