• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2020-21

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
They’re going to introduce concussion substitutes so that a player suffering a concussion can still be replaced if all permitted subs have been used. No doubt next there’ll be mental health substitutes in case a player starts feeling a bit depressed after all subs have been used. :artist:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Isn't LT a doctor or Summat, ho-hum.

Suppose Gimp maybe happier today.

Just put us in the play-offs so we can lose at Wembley again, we've got great young footballers, it should be all quite fun, 12 match unbeaten run, but getting countless draws, poor finishing terrible defensive lapses, just looks like it's 4-7 yet again.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Suppose Gimp maybe happier today.
Best game I've watched since they first stopped footy. Absolutely buzzing but obviously there's that feeling of if only knowing what the scenes would have been like in the away end, especially given its a ground we always take loads to

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Best game I've watched since they first stopped footy. Absolutely buzzing but obviously there's that feeling of if only knowing what the scenes would have been like in the away end, especially given its a ground we always take loads to
I know what you mean mate, but it's kinda pointless, we are where we are, and hopefully we'll get back to what once was. I suppose my naturally pessimistic nature has made me better attuned for this football life, I'm kinda happy that I'm getting any football vibes as when it started I thought it maybe ages. You as an optimist probably thought we'd be all go months ago. Rather than think what could it have been, I mean we'd have taken loads to Bradford, think the other way no football at all.

Anyway Joel Randall and Josh Key, both could be better than any of our academy products so far.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I know what you mean mate, but it's kinda pointless, we are where we are, and hopefully we'll get back to what once was. I suppose my naturally pessimistic nature has made me better attuned for this football life, I'm kinda happy that I'm getting any football vibes as when it started I thought it maybe ages. You as an optimist probably thought we'd be all go months ago. Rather than think what could it have been, I mean we'd have taken loads to Bradford, think the other way no football at all.

Anyway Joel Randall and Josh Key, both could be better than any of our academy products so far.
Yeah, it is what it is. Like you say, at least we've got something. Makes a massive difference versus lockdown 1

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Our season ticket holders were offered a choice of refunds from full to a sliding scale. Full would be no access to iFollow. 97% of the 6,000 opted for no refund and some people are still buying cut price Christmas season tickets that are offered every year. It was quite interesting to see 1,000 fans at the Ireland play-off game. Actually made quite a difference from the fake noise. 1,000 scattered around a big stadium would normally be awful, but this was quite good.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
How is Low still the coach?

The length of his tenure must be some sort of record
Time for me to dust off my "Löw is a clown" drum and give it a whack.

I think the answer is a combination of Löw being a stubborn prick and not resigning (anyone with a bit of honour would have resigned after the 2018 shambles) and the DFB possibly being reluctant to sack a guy who won a World Cup.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The EFL have voted to allow five subs starting this weekend. In the absence of any word from the PL that will probably send Klopp into a frenzy.