• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2018-19

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
To think that a couple of years ago I was feeling sorry for Tranmere fans facing another season in non-league after a near promotion miss. Now we're passing them on the way down. :)

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The one about subbed players being allowed to leave the pitch from any location is a good one, have never really understood why that hasn't always been the case.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The one about subbed players being allowed to leave the pitch from any location is a good one, have never really understood why that hasn't always been the case.
It’s in the article. They changed it after the Cantona kick because the players got so much abuse on the way around the pitch.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Good luck to GIMH in the League Two Final today. 23 years ago this very day (never really understood how a day can be very, but not to worry) I was at the old Wembley for the equivalent occasion. We beat Darlington 1-0 and got promoted. Now back where we started after a few more promotions and relegations. Only consolation is we're not Darlington.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Good luck to GIMH in the League Two Final today. 23 years ago this very day (never really understood how a day can be very, but not to worry) I was at the old Wembley for the equivalent occasion. We beat Darlington 1-0 and got promoted. Now back where we started after a few more promotions and relegations. Only consolation is we're not Darlington.
Cheers mate

Uppercut

Congrats GIMH! Looked just about deserved from what I saw. Was especially impressed by the two CBs. And Norwood obviously.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Congratulations to GIMH. Highlight was not so much the winning goal or the Tranmere keeper saying effing during the after match interview. But the classic piece of summarising when asked “Are Tranmere making the most of the man advantage?” I’m not sure exactly who said it but the reply was “Yes. But they could be making more of the most of it”.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Congrats GIMH! Looked just about deserved from what I saw. Was especially impressed by the two CBs. And Norwood obviously.
Monthe was an absolute colossus. MOTM for me

Absolutely buzzing, and smashed. Waited all my life for some success and now we’ve gone two in a row

Thanks for the well wishes all.
Oh and no Connor is no relation to Dale

Burgey

I’m not especially sympathetic to the general idea that finals should only ever be held at venues that are convenient for rich Western European fans. But the fact that Armenian players and fans can’t travel because racism is a ****ing disgrace and they should be stripping Baku of the final even now.
Just saw this discussion.

Is Armenia even in Europe?