• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2018-19

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Southampton, yeah, sure, but it’s still on the harsh side given that they replaced him with someone even duller. But Leicester played some decent stuff and were clearly improving. OTOH he did have a very good group of players.

But here, Leicester can only aim for 7th...? I don’t accept the notion that the top six are unbreakable at all. I think one of them will drop out next season.
I'm not saying the top 6 are unbreakable, however with the possible exception of Wolves I don't think top 7 is a realistic aim next season. Ambitious, yes, possible, maybe, realistic, no. Same way that I don't think 3rd to 6th can realistically aim for a title next season.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm not saying the top 6 are unbreakable, however with the possible exception of Wolves I don't think top 7 is a realistic aim next season. Ambitious, yes, possible, maybe, realistic, no. Same way that I don't think 3rd to 6th can realistically aim for a title next season.
Leicester should definitely be aiming for top 6. They're roughly as good as Arsenal/United with a much younger team and no European games.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Absolutely right. But they won't obviously.

Could possibly end up in another Wenger-type situation. By the time they pull the trigger and sack Solskjaer (because let's be realistic, it's going to happen sooner rather than later) Poch could have gone elsewhere.
Poch will be at Barcelona by next season won't he?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
GIMH to comment.

Surely we want to go back to the good old days of a few CW derbies in league 1?
I genuinely didn’t know so many people were unaware Mike Dean was die hard Tranmere. I guess I should have done when there were City fans on Twitter were moaning that a ‘Liverpudlian’ was reffing their match V Leicester, but yeah any game we play where he’s not working then he’s there. His antics last night mirrored those at Aldershot two years ago but that being the conference and BT it wasn’t really picked up and didn’t have the level of attention.

DYCE can confirm he’s been in the same away end as him back in 2017

Anyway. Think we can get the job done but Newport are the form team so we shall see

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
West Brom sacking their manager for the last few weeks of the season whilst 4th in the table and already pretty much assured of a Play-Off place ended as it deserved.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I’m not especially sympathetic to the general idea that finals should only ever be held at venues that are convenient for rich Western European fans. But the fact that Armenian players and fans can’t travel because racism is a ****ing disgrace and they should be stripping Baku of the final even now.