• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2018-19

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
It’s not like someone like Sterling not wanting to travel because he’s worried about the crowd making jungle noises. The countries are at war.
Aside from football some good might come of it if it makes people more aware of the situation between the countries.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Lad. UEFA is arranging major events in locations where the safety of players cannot be guaranteed due the race of said players . At the very least this is deeply irresponsible

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Monthe was an absolute colossus. MOTM for me

Absolutely buzzing, and smashed. Waited all my life for some success and now we’ve gone two in a row

Thanks for the well wishes all.
Oh and no Connor is no relation to Dale
Yeah Monthe definitely stood out. I was sort of expecting a very well-organised team that was a bit reliant on Norwood going forward. But yesterday the defensive organisation was no better than decent IMO, it was just that the defenders were so good that they could handle being exposed fairly often.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Lad. UEFA is arranging major events in locations where the safety of players cannot be guaranteed due the race of said players . At the very least this is deeply irresponsible
I'm not defending UEFA. I was just pointing out that it's not part of the racism in football that's been in the news. Even the Arsenal manager had no idea what was going on. This might raise a greater awareness, not just about arranging football matches.

Spark

Global Moderator
Reckon Derby could have nicked the equaliser had it not been for Harry Wilson ****ing up every single attack they had in stoppage time

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Can’t see Micky going to Swansea. He won’t move from Blackpool.

The West Brom rumour gives me some trouble though

Uppercut

Swansea are supposedly the hottest of hot messes behind the scenes. Might not be the best career move.

Though I’m not sure his record quite qualifies him for West Brom.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Swansea are supposedly the hottest of hot messes behind the scenes. Might not be the best career move.

Though I’m not sure his record quite qualifies him for West Brom.
Perhaps not and I hope not, but he did play for them and has a serious amount of promotions under his belt.

His best bet is clearly staying where he is, and I think that’s what shall happen anyhow

Also worth noting that Danny Cowley is a name that seems to be a strong favourite, I would argue Mellon’s record stacks up more. West Brom fans are notably picky on style too so Mellon would be a better pick than Cowley there.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Perhaps not and I hope not, but he did play for them and has a serious amount of promotions under his belt.

His best bet is clearly staying where he is, and I think that’s what shall happen anyhow

Also worth noting that Danny Cowley is a name that seems to be a strong favourite, I would argue Mellon’s record stacks up more. West Brom fans are notably picky on style too so Mellon would be a better pick than Cowley there.
I’d have said Cowley has the better record, mostly because I’d rate promotions as champions with very impressive points totals a fair bit higher than going through the play-offs.

Either would seem odd to me- it’s not far off a top PL team appointing a successful League One manager. But West Brom have one of the worst records of managerial appointments in the whole pyramid, so by their standards it wouldn’t be so bad.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I’d have said Cowley has the better record, mostly because I’d rate promotions as champions with very impressive points totals a fair bit higher than going through the play-offs.

Either would seem odd to me- it’s not far off a top PL team appointing a successful League One manager. But West Brom have one of the worst records of managerial appointments in the whole pyramid, so by their standards it wouldn’t be so bad.
That’s fair and I’m biased but a couple of points for consideration

Firstly, when Mellon came in in 16-17 we were four points behind Lincoln, and that’s how we finished. So he matched him.

Secondly, obviously automatic promotion is more impressive than the play-offs, but Lincoln fell short in the play-offs last season. So going back to back stands up against that IMO.

However it is splitting hairs. Both excellent managers IMO, nice to actually be having this discussion. Not known a manager of ours to be coveted before tbh.