• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Baggy Green ball tampering: Bancroft, Smith and the Aussie "Leadership Group"

Spark

Global Moderator
nz are the only team in world cricket to have balls going out of shape every 5 overs tbh

is this where we see maxwells haters in the side toppled and the big show take over as dual captain/coach?

also i heard something about a fight at a press conference today?
yeah, chip le grand got in a tussle with someone

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Meh unless I missed something you didn't really say anything that bad

Australian sports fans can be ****s, not overly controversial
Yeah but today of all days, there is enough mileage here to be had without stories of some **** being a dick at Milo cricket and obnoxious stuff posted on FB. Wasn't necessary and I regret it.

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
To be honest, a few fairly transparent posts aside, the reaction on here has been milder to what it's been like in the general public in Australia. Social media feeds are still going absolutely off about it.
Still more interested to know what the Philander Twitter sledge was. I mean, Bancroft built it up for two days. Feel kinda let down.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
what i said before but better:

Australian cricket journalist Adam Collins on TMS: "The mood around the Aussie camp is that they understand how big a deal this is. It turned out to be some sticky tape they use on their bats. It was on the basis that the ball had not been reversing.

"The nub of this is that the Australian team were playing under a siege mentality. Darren Lehmann had complained about the treatment the players have been getting. I can tell you it has been brutal. It has been a powder keg. The repercussions will be significant.

"I find it hard to divorce the two. It is a very unhappy camp. They are furious about what has happened in the last couple of weeks. Steve Smith is not a bad bloke. there is something else going on here."
This all happened because they know they couldn't get The Real AB out tbh

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
What the hell is up with the Aus politicians... have they got so few serious concerns that SA white farmers and Aus cricket team is the big pressing issues?

Spark

Global Moderator
What the hell is up with the Aus politicians... have they got so few serious concerns that SA white farmers and Aus cricket team is the big pressing issues?
Honestly if there's a way to make me more sympathetic with Smith and less likely to think this should be treated harshly, it's a coordinated pile-on by politicians. Like, for real. The ASC commenting is fair enough, it's arguably their job to do so, but the rest...

Last edited:

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
When you live in the rear end of the world. it happens.

Living in this country is like living in a five star hotel filled with rats .

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
You know what this thread needs? Jono. Now that watson has been perma'd, let's get him back.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Honestly if there's a way to make me more sympathetic with Smith and less likely to think this should be treated harshly, it's a coordinated pile-on by politicians. Like, for real. The ASC commenting is fair enough, it's arguably their job to do so, but the rest...
He's absolutely shattered

Bolo

State Captain
Malcom Turnbull stepping in to say entire leadership group should be sacked. I'm vaguely in favour of firing Smith for cheating, but entirely in favour of firing Warner and Lehman on general principle.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Only an Australian would say it was his fault and that of senior players rather than threatening to go home or lying to deny it in the face of the evidence.
Gutless imo - go get yourself a ouija board and try and get Douglas Jardine to admit telling Larwood and Voce to bowl at the batsman

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Feels so good to know that a logical conclusion from this incident is that the Australians cheated in Sydney '08.