• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Baggy Green ball tampering: Bancroft, Smith and the Aussie "Leadership Group"

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Only an Australian would see being caught for cheating as something they are forced to suffer through.
Only an Australian would say it was his fault and that of senior players rather than threatening to go home or lying to deny it in the face of the evidence.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Always the same response when I air these views. A shameful history Burgey for sure, but a history that we've worked hard to learn and move on from.

You guy's just think this is normal.

Picture me watching my 5 or 6 year old lad play milo cricket for the first time, poor lad is so unco that sport was never gonna be his thing, anyway I can't even remember what he did, dropped a dolly or ran into his stumps........a bloke I know watching his lad play yells out at the top of his voice "You can tell he's half Pom"

My boy heard it and was gutted, never went back to Milo cricket after that.

But that's just banter hey.
No that's just someone who is a complete ****. They're everywhere.

Spark

Global Moderator
Australian Sports Commission says Smith should be stood down.

Really don't get why it hasn't happened yet.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Will Smith finish his career with a 50+ avg after this fracas? Never thought the fidgety prick's run would last but this will make those numbers plummet for sure.

Redbacks

International Captain
What a national embarrassment.

CA need to set the tone and impose their own bans if the ICC gives limp suspensions.

Spark

Global Moderator
Jfc all these overreactions.
To be honest, a few fairly transparent posts aside, the reaction on here has been milder to what it's been like in the general public in Australia. Social media feeds are still going absolutely off about it.

TheJediBrah

To be honest, a few fairly transparent posts aside, the reaction on here has been milder to what it's been like in the general public in Australia. Social media feeds are still going absolutely off about it.
That's because we actually understand what's going on. General public/social media don't.

Spikey

yeah it's pretty surprising how serious some people are taking this. it's like they actually believed the australian team was some noble thing that would surely never cheat or something