• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to the 2017-18 Ashes in Australia

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Because let's face it all other Series are just pointless asides.

Vaughan picks a side whilst all English cricket fans sit in stasis, obviously.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
What exactly will our cricketers be doing over the next 30 months if they aren't playing The Ashes? :unsure:

grecian

What exactly will our cricketers be doing over the next 30 months if they aren't playing The Ashes? :unsure:
Dunno, it's like an elongated bunch of friendlies I think, like when the host Nation get the football World Cup.

grecian

My side

Ansari
Cook (cap)
Taylor
Root
Ballance
Ali
Stokes
Buttler
S Curran
Cove
Broad

Pothas

Lees
Cook
Root
Vince
Ballance
Stokes
Ali
Buttler
C. Overton
Broad
Anderson

Wood, Finn, Leaning, Crane in the squad, Bairstow will probably sill be hanging around as well.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Warner
Bancroft
Burns
Smith
Lynn
MMarsh
Nevill
Cummins
Pattinson
Lyon
Hazelwood

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
So far Neville has looked more solid than Marsh and I wonder if he'll remain batting below MMarsh or whoever is in that allrounder role.
Number 7 is a perfect counter attacking position and MMarsh or Faulkers (who are surely fighting for the same role) are great hitters

The Battlers Prince

Haha that'd be good to see Maxi, he's scored a couple tonnes for Yorkshire this season so he's doing alright. Not sure who was bowling or anything tbh

fredfertang

Based on what the Lankans did to Australia last year, and what the Indians are now doing to the Lankans is it really wise to have this series? It is going to be so one-sided even Mason Crane will be looking forward to it

The Battlers Prince

Based on what the Lankans did to Australia last year, and what the Indians are now doing to the Lankans is it really wise to have this series? It is going to be so one-sided even Mason Crane will be looking forward to it
We've got four quicks and a Smith who say otherwise.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think Australia will win quite well but there will be at least one lolapse by our blokes which will be both embarrassing and which will keep the series very interesting.

Gnske

Yes I cannot wait for the Magellan Ashes 2017-18™

I have to say, I really do hope the meme quartet of Patt/Starc/Cumm/Haze actually get deployed in Brisbane. The four horsemen that will bring the death of English cricket.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I guess if all four turn up then there will be a couple of changes for the next test when their backs go ping again.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
A new opener or middle order batsman will score a bucket load of runs against the Windies minor county attack and do squat in Australia leaving Moeen Ali as a makeshift opener.