• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to the 2017-18 Ashes in Australia

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Based on what the Lankans did to Australia last year, and what the Indians are now doing to the Lankans is it really wise to have this series? It is going to be so one-sided even Mason Crane will be looking forward to it

and i dont even get this logic... it's like youre saying if Lankans whipped us and India whipped them India should whip us, but we had that series and saw it was a very even contest

Bijed

International Regular
Think Fred's comment may have been a bit tongue-in-cheek

Obviously the Aussies taking it seriously means they're panicking ahead of the tour

Last edited:

Gnske

are you guys ready for Shane Warne talking about Crane
At least now he gets Clarke with him in Adelaide so they can both talk about pizza and salad for five days straight.

I've been looking forward to this

Pothas

Lees
Cook
Root
Vince
Ballance
Stokes
Ali
Buttler
C. Overton
Broad
Anderson

Wood, Finn, Leaning, Crane in the squad, Bairstow will probably sill be hanging around as well.
Ah remember when everyone was picking Lees. Safe to say Bairstow is still 'hanging' around though...

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I guess if all four turn up then there will be a couple of changes for the next test when their backs go ping again.
Day 1 and 2 Gabba road, England bat first 550 declared. They're all ****ed so Aus go looking for 4 new bowlers for the second Test.

Heard it here first.

91Jmay

International Coach
Unless England are allowed to bat twice in a row, us scoring 550 is hard to imagine. Would need a Root big double/triple.

stephen

England's premiere medium pace bowler.

Looking forward to seeing two of the quartet fit and available every match.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Broad always bowls well, he's my favorite English pacer since Headley.

On ouR side if we use a rotation policy on our quicks, whether that wise or not, people will be angry. The selectors will neeed to either pick all 4 or their best 3 and a spinner and stick to those selected unless they break down.