• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Went to bed half way through the day and surprised to see another 5 out all out. Good day out for Lyon but those 2 suicidal stumpings were costly. Shame Rahul didn't get to a 100 since he was the only one showing some application.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Shouldn't be picked in these conditions, an absolute horror v spin, obviously there are better alternatives, but just to highlight how much of a waste Rahane is on these pitches, I'd gladly take Rohit ahead of him in India.:unsure:
But the problem is you can't pick a batsman for one condition and drop him for the other. Not sure how it works. All the teams change their formations and adjust the team according to conditions like one of lyon and sok will play in australia but how do you replace one batsman with another suited for one condition only. Atm there is a great amount of gap in Rahane's average at home and away which is around 12. They can't drop Rahane now and replace him with X and take Rahane onboard for away games and drop X. His situation is worrying.

indiaholic

International Captain
Shouldn't be picked in these conditions, an absolute horror v spin, obviously there are better alternatives, but just to highlight how much of a waste Rahane is on these pitches, I'd gladly take Rohit ahead of him in India.:unsure:
Rohit does a lot of the let me plant my front foot down and see what happens routine. Doubt he will be any better.

Tangles

But the problem is you can't pick a batsman for one condition and drop him for the other. Not sure how it works. All the teams change their formations and adjust the team according to conditions like one of lyon and sok will play in australia but how do you replace one batsman with another suited for one condition only. Atm there is a great amount of gap in Rahane's average at home and away which is around 12. They can't drop Rahane now and replace him with X and take Rahane onboard for away games and drop X. His situation is worrying.
This is exactly what Aus did with dropping Uzi for Darsh. The best shot I saw him play was the flick to mid wicket for 4. I'd be tempted to tell him to just attack if he can't defend. But he got out being silly so...

Burner

International Regular
Australia having a unique mental battle with Kohli. Every interview they praise world class Kohli and how he's going to bounce back, and Kohli being the compulsive rebel that he is, probably wants to prove them wrong.

anil1405

International Captain
This whitewash talk is crazy. Not unmerited, far from it, but the fact this is even being discussed just boggles my mind. It would be, without question, one of the most singular achievements in Australian cricket history if it happened.
And a series that would go down in history as the one that revived Australia's dominance in world cricket.

Burner

International Regular
Most of those lbw shouts wouldn't even be appealed for had it not been India bowling, to be fair.

They must be intolerable to umpire :laugh:
2 of Ashwin's were pretty good I thought. Renshaw's height saved him but I think they were the kind that anyone would appeal for. Looked really good.

Compton

International Debutant
2 of Ashwin's were pretty good I thought. Renshaw's height saved him but I think they were the kind that anyone would appeal for. Looked really good.
Is that the two that were successive deliveries? I thought the second was a decent shout, first one looked miles off to me.

Immenso

What are those things hanging from the stadium roof? Look like big rolled up nets, or curtains? What are they for?

91Jmay

International Coach
Of course it makes sense and I am a bit stunned I have to actually explain it. The pitch for the first test was a dust bowl and it could said that this was because India fears Australia's pace attack. A test match is played at the same ground next year against Sri Lanka and the pitch is quick and bouncy because India is worried about Herath. That would be a doctored pitch because the conditions have changed in an attempt to suit the home side's strengths. However if the same dust bowl was rolled out for Sri Lanka that would not be a doctored pitch because condition at the ground are consistent.

Perth is renowned for pace and bounce and it is always that way, regardless of whether Australia is playing India, South Africa or West Indies. That pitch is not doctored and it sometimes works to Australia's disadvantage when an opposition side's strength is pace bowling.
You think India can produce quick and bouncy pitches? Lul

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
And a series that would go down in history as the one that revived Australia's dominance in world cricket.
TBF if Australia win here i would not put it past them to dominate for the next few years. The SAF series would look like a necessary event in hindsight.