• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

adub

International Captain
I have to wonder. Does this series so far prove that sub-continent batsmen are now much weaker against spin than they've ever been? Also could we conclude that India's over-reliance on Kohli has been exposed? The moment he's failed in a few innings the others, bar Rahul, have simply fallen apart.
Probably just proves that if you take good spinners you're in with a good shout. England with Swann and Panesar had two guys who could bowl, they won.

Take nuffes and India's good spinners will kill you whilst their batsmen tear your bowling apart.

adub

International Captain
and whilst I have given Smith stick for dropping mid off and so allowing easy singles down the ground (which I still contend is a **** idea with SOK bowling - he should also always have a single saver behind square for Lyno), his field settings have been great. Indian batsmen love to hit the boundaries. Smitteh has taken that out of the equation. So even when they get three scoring shots away off the spinners they only end up with 3 runs usually. At other times that would be worth 10. Makes a huge difference. Usually you see India rattling along at a good rate and the visitors getting strangled.

In three innings now India are pushing it to score at 2.5. Australia aren't going faster, but they've come expecting to grind out the runs so have been more comfortable. The home side needs to readjust their expectations.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Probably just proves that if you take good spinners you're in with a good shout. England with Swann and Panesar had two guys who could bowl, they won.

Take nuffes and India's good spinners will kill you whilst their batsmen tear your bowling apart.
It's India, "Let's pick Cameron White as a spinner" said nobody with a brain ever

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
and whilst I have given Smith stick for dropping mid off and so allowing easy singles down the ground (which I still contend is a **** idea with SOK bowling - he should also always have a single saver behind square for Lyno), his field settings have been great. Indian batsmen love to hit the boundaries. Smitteh has taken that out of the equation. So even when they get three scoring shots away off the spinners they only end up with 3 runs usually. At other times that would be worth 10. Makes a huge difference. Usually you see India rattling along at a good rate and the visitors getting strangled.

In three innings now India are pushing it to score at 2.5. Australia aren't going faster, but they've come expecting to grind out the runs so have been more comfortable. The home side needs to readjust their expectations.
In general, his field settings have been good but when Oz has 3 or less close catchers, Warner should be in the outfield as Renshaw, Handscomb, Smith and arguably Shaun Marsh are all way better

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
The best thing about this is how everyone was saying before this series "India plays spin so well and Australia's spinners wont do damage there and it'll be all up to Starc if we have any chance of bowling them out and Australians cant bat in India against spin and the Indians will make huge totals against our weak spinners and we'll crumble against their good spinners in their conditions...."

nekminnit: SOK and the GOAT rip em a new one!

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Yeah I wasn't too happy when he had long on in for Kohli from ball one and he nabbed an easy single, but by the same token when Rahane hit him over mid wicket for four I did think it was good captaincy to put a bloke straight out there because Lyon is a bloke whose confidence drops pretty quickly of he gets bombed a few times.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rahul has come out and said he still expects Ashwin will run through Australia. Just denial imo. Ashwin looks like a ghost of his usual self, and there's no way the others skittle Australia out for <200. And if that doesn't happen, the series is dead.

Spark

Global Moderator
In general, his field settings have been good but when Oz has 3 or less close catchers, Warner should be in the outfield as Renshaw, Handscomb, Smith and arguably Shaun Marsh are all way better
Yeah, Warner hasn't had a good series in the field so far. But he's been fine at leg slip before, so I'm not sure what's up with him right now.