• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
All talk regarding evaluating the 'quality' of a pitch is pointless tho. It eventually all boils down to 'Pitches are different, people's preference for pitches are different, deal with it'. Anyone trying to keep hammering on some point about the objective quality of a pitch is really just pushing an agenda/having a whinge, and that's annoying.
Saying a pitch is bad is now pushing an agenda.

If I hire a hooker for a full hour and after 10 seconds says my time is up, regardless if I'm done, and by all accounts by that point I probably would be. I'd say that's a poor quality hooker who has a pimp/curator who doesn't give a good god damn about player satisfaction.

indiaholic

International Captain
But here the person who needs to be satisfied is actually the guy who just wants to watch through the window and is paying you to **** the hooker. And I can confirm that he is happy.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You'd think today determines whether Australia wins the series. If they get rolled for something like Indias total the game is really on. If they put up 320-350 plus you'd think the game and series is done.

burr

State Vice-Captain
I love Butch:

“Anybody who thinks bowling spin in test matches is basically about how many runs you can score at number 7 or number 8, think again…”

Obviously, not only praise for Lyon but also a subtle (or not so) dig at Moeen (and England). But not actually a dig at Moeen (and therefore nasty ala Shane Warne) but actually a dig at George Dobell, who irrationally argues Moeen’s case while Butcher rationally critiques it. Basically, I can’t stand Dobell and I love Butch.

social

You'd think today determines whether Australia wins the series. If they get rolled for something like Indias total the game is really on. If they put up 320-350 plus you'd think the game and series is done.
Yep

If Oz is still batting at day's end, India are in deep **** because you'd think they would have a lead approaching 100 by that point

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
The bits and pieces players are getting criticised a bit lately - largely thanks to England stuffing their team with them.

Debris

International 12th Man
You think India can produce quick and bouncy pitches? Lul
I am going to be charitable here and say you are being deliberately obtuse. Nowhere did I say they had to be quick and bouncy, I said they need to be consistent.

Anyway, everyone knows there is no hard dirt in India and if you try and import some it becomes tainted by all the soft dirt around it.

TheJediBrah

I am going to be charitable here and say you are being deliberately obtuse. Nowhere did I say they had to be quick and bouncy, I said they need to be consistent.

Anyway, everyone knows there is no hard dirt in India and if you try and import some it becomes tainted by all the soft dirt around it.
There are people on this forum that are worth the effort of trying to have a sensible discussion with, and there are those who are not.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Seriously **** off India.....how is this happening?? You couldn't have pulled this performance out for us??

I realise that is probably very dismissive of Australia, who may or may not actually be performing better than my lot did. But I don't care.......India suck balls right now.

Burgey

Look mate, everyone is surprised at this. The only thing which hasn't been really surprising was TPC finding a way to make some runs. Everything else has been Twight Zone stuff. Fmd even Wade has kept reasonably well.

Gnske

Seriously **** off India.....how is this happening?? You couldn't have pulled this performance out for us??
Bit of a difference dealing with Moeen tier club bowling, Rashid's full tosses and world class offspin with Lyon.

Zinzan

Bit of a difference dealing with Moeen tier club bowling, Rashid's full tosses and world class offspin with Lyon.
Yup, big difference is neither England nor NZ could maintain pressure for a decent enough period to bother India too much.

Australia haven't released the pressure valve like the those other teams did whether it's with bat or ball.

How many times in both the NZ/Ind and Eng/Ind series did the touring sides just drop their bundles in periods of an hour here or there, which was enough to lose the test match.....

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Yes time to get rid of Stokes and Ali. Bring in Batty and Panesar.
He is a genuine allrounder Stokes though. I think their target is Rashid and yes Ali when they tried to make Ali into a spin bowling allrounder - which hasn't really worked.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Hey, I know our spin bowlers are and were cod ordinary.........but no one was predicting Lyon and O'Keefe to be ripping Inida a new one like this.

social

Hey, I know our spin bowlers are and were cod ordinary.........but no one was predicting Lyon and O'Keefe to be ripping Inida a new one like this.
I thought our bowlers would at least hold their own but our batting would (and may still) fall in a screaming heap at inopportune moments

I'd also wager that a pitch like Pune is custom-made for bowlers like SOK so seeing him do well on it was no surprise (not 12/70 well, mind you)

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Isn't Moeen one of the best spinners in England anyway? Regardless of his batting?

Just judging from the little I've seen of the rest of them, eg. Rashid, Batty and that Kerrigan guy who was ****ing terrible

I thought our bowlers would at least hold their own but our batting would (and may still) fall in a screaming heap at inopportune moments
Yeah speaking a bit too soon are a lot of people. We've only batted twice and failed to score 300 (tough conditions I know, but still).

Last edited: