• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

Niall

International Coach
The last thing Pakistan's limited overs side needs is another lad at the top of the order is a lad who eats up dot balls, and is a proven failure at the knock out competitions.

No issue with him in the test squad though.

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The last thing Pakistan's limited overs side needs is another lad at the top of the order is a lad who eats up dot balls, and is a proven failure at the knock out competitions.

No issue with him in the test squad though.
I think he was more talking about a name that rhymed with i-pad, doesn't really work though.

What an appalling decision.

glosfan94

Cricket Spectator
Thoughts on a team of Roy, Ali, Root, Morgan, Bairstow, Buttler, Stokes, Woakes, Plunkett, Rashid, Wood for the next game?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thoughts on a team of Roy, Ali, Root, Morgan, Bairstow, Buttler, Stokes, Woakes, Plunkett, Rashid, Wood for the next game?
Madness as Hales has averaged over 60 this year at a strike-rate of 93 in ODI's, also 3 tons in his last 12 innings.

glosfan94

Cricket Spectator
Madness as Hales has averaged over 60 this year at a strike-rate of 93 in ODI's, also 3 tons in his last 12 innings.
I agree that he has been quality in ODIs this year and should definitely be in the team long term, he just looks so out of nick at the moment that a time away from the spotlight and feeding himself a diet of county medium pace may do him good for the rest of the season.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Who's this Hasan Ali. Never heard of him. Any good?
A desperate attempt to find a seam bowling allrounder. Decent bowler but not sure if he can be the allrounder they are desperate for. Guy gave an interview saying he wants to fill the void left by Razzaq/Azhar Mahmood. Personally I find Aamer Yamin a better batsman, but Hasan seems to be a better bowler.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah Hasan Ali is a serious bowler but he has no real batting substance behind him at all yet. I'm happy they've moved on from Anwar Ali though.