• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

91Jmay

International Coach
This could be a monster unless Pakistan take a few quick wickets. Hoping Root can ton up and go past 3k ODI runs.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
feel like there's no chance Hales beats Robins' score the way he's batting, looks like he doesn't care if he gets out now. But it'd be cool to see

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah it would be cool but to be fair given our batting depth I'd rather he just tried to paste them from now on. Could get 400 if Stokes/Buttler come off.

mr_mister

really surprised it's lasted this long. Without looking I'd say it'd have to be like, outside the top 10 for countries' highest indivudal ODI scores

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
really surprised it's lasted this long. Without looking I'd say it'd have to be like, outside the top 10 for countries' highest indivudal ODI scores
We have been pretty much crap in this format for most of it's existence. We also didn't used to produce these kind of "go big" pitches in home games.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Yeah it would be cool but to be fair given our batting depth I'd rather he just tried to paste them from now on. Could get 400 if Stokes/Buttler come off.
TBF to Hales he's obviously not caring about the record as he's trying to **** every ball now.

mr_mister

I checked and yeah, 11th in terms of country's individual best.

Zimbabwe have produced 3 scores better than it

Ireland and Scotland 1 each

Compton

International Debutant
I like how Root plays the supporting role in this innings and still goes at a SR over 90. He just finds ways to keep the scoreboard ticking.

Compton

International Debutant
bet he'd have traded this for a solid 80 odd in the test series
Given that England won't want to change three of their top 5 at the same time and Hales was picked on his ODI form, it isn't beyond the realms to think that this knock keeps him in the test team regardless.

mr_mister

yeah yeah yeah I know all this. It's still a true statement though

I'm sure he wishes he could do this regularly in the test arena