• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D: Uruguay, Costa Rica, England, Italy

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Uruguay sitting so deep has really seemed to nullify England's counter attacking and speed. So what can they do to increase their chances of playin through them?

Also, every time you see Suarez, the ****ishness just oozes from him, doesn't it?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bizarre isn't it?

Rooney might have had a hat-trick but hasn't scored

In the meantime, Sturridge has done SFA

Have to say that I'd rather have the guy that is a constant threat as chances are that one will go in eventually
Well done trolling on two England threads at the same time, must be posting gold for you.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Bizarre isn't it?

Rooney might have had a hat-trick but hasn't scored

In the meantime, Sturridge has done SFA

Have to say that I'd rather have the guy that is a constant threat as chances are that one will go in eventually
Well tbf missing a load of chances is clearly poor and counter-productive for the team, but yeah Sturridge has been worse. Has lost the ball just about every time he's had it.

Surprised Sterling was taken off instead of Welbeck, unless it was a fitness/tiredness issue. Though tbf like the majority of the side Sterling was poor.

Burgey

**** me. Pereira should not still be out there. He just got knocked the **** out. It really isn't safe him being out there. Uruguays physio obviously doesn't understand brain trauma.

Sterling? Are you kidding me? Welbeck or Rooney surely?
You'd think having to deal with Suarez would mean he knows how to handle brain injuries.

OverratedSanity

**** me. Pereira should not still be out there. He just got knocked the **** out. It really isn't safe him being out there. Uruguays physio obviously doesn't understand brain trauma.
Yeah agree with this. I admire the guy, but really not safe, especially as it seemed the doc didn't want him on the pitch

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah Sturridge has been abysmal - would be taking him off before Rooney or Welbeck, and neither of them have been good.

Last edited:

King Pietersen

International Captain
It's macho bull****. No-one that knows anything about brain trauma would continue to compete, face the potential of another blow and head a football after getting knocked unconscious. It's just idiotic.

Thank **** for that. Lallana for Welbeck. Should have been that way from the start.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Jesus Christ. Glen Johnson is ****ing terrible.
It is one of those strange things. He cant read the game and therefore is a defensive liability and his final product is poor but he is really good technically. I imagine he looks great in training.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not a troll

Sturridge has offered nothing whilst Rooney is causing problems
Well in the end I'm not understanding either your or Burgeys points, Rooney has not been our worst player, but he's the one you'll get agitated at when he misses the ****ing chances.

Wellbeck was by far the worst of our three up-front BTW.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
WOW! WHAT A RUN! Rooney! I know nothing about soccer and even I can tell that these guys have a lot more skill than the US players haha!

Howe_zat

Audio File
Wow England can still make it if they lose this. Most likely being that costa rica has to lose tomorrow as well as vs. England? Does it go to goal differential then?
If Italy win all 3 games and England beat Costa Rica then England, Uruguay and Costa Rica will all be on 3 points with Italy on 9. So it'll come down to goal difference for 2nd. Since Uruguay lost by 2 goals, England will have an advantage over them if this stays 1-0. So in that scenario I would still expect England to go through.