• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D: Uruguay, Costa Rica, England, Italy

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Terrible goal in every way, FFS Suarez is a genius, but you don't let him score from a****ing header, when you've got him marked.

I stood up for Wellbeck, but I was wrong, take the ****er off.
Two games n the trot where we concede because one of our centre defenders is too lazy or too stupid to mark their centre forward. Just do your job or **** off boys.

Talking of which, how the hell did Godin not get a 2nd yellow earlier? Just spineless officiating.

Beyond that, they all look terrified to me.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
England haven't been as good as they were in the first match, but it's still been a pretty close game. They need a draw, I hope they keep their heads.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Talking of which, how the hell did Godin not get a 2nd yellow earlier? Just spineless officiating.
They need Sterling central to run at him. He can very easily get sent off, he seems to be a second late to most challenges (even in the last game).

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How bad have we been?

No surprise though, half the outfield players bottled the title a few weeks ago, bottling getting out of a world cup group this time.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Two games n the trot where we concede because one of our centre defenders is too lazy or too stupid to mark their centre forward. Just do your job or **** off boys.

Beyond that, they all look terrified to me.
Yeah really poor refereeing that. Don't want to be too bitter but that could cost us

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
:( What makes the goal worse is that there was just Suarez in the box. You'd think of all the players in the world the one player you'd track, no matter what, would be him.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah really poor refereeing that. Don't want to be too bitter but that could cost us
Yeah, it's a ****er, and I don't want this to be a blaming the ref typical England whining, because we haven't been good enough. Yet Godin was monumentally stupid and could have easily been punished.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
FFS the ITV lot now praising Rooney for repeatedly almost scoring against Italy and Uruguay. He could have three goals by now, you know.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I dont watch as much football as I used to, which is strange as it used to be my job, and I missed the Italy game but this is awful.

I am a Liverpool fan and I see them far more often than others and I still dont see what Sturridge brings. A near non-footballer who picks space poorly, passes worse and is even weaker in decision making - a greedy begger as well. Also, you cant help but think Sterling's strengths may not quite make up for what he is incapable of doing.

Rooney and Welbeck also poor but then so was everyone else in the first half with the possible exception of Gerrard.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Obviously a win is the result we really want but a draw would not be the end of the world. ****ting bricks here

grecian

Not the high-energy start we wanted to this half, make subs Roy it's not ****ing working.

King Pietersen

International Captain
More dire defending. Where the **** was Baines there? Suarez should not be getting a free shot at goal like that. Very lucky he scuffed that one.

grecian

Jesus. 2-0 would have been us done. Good save from Hart in the end.
Meh the bloke keeps running out of position, I'm not praising him for getting back in that position.

What the hell, how is the game stretched Townsend, it's just in one third.