• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D: Uruguay, Costa Rica, England, Italy

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was just about to write a post defending Rooney too... Basically the same point others were making. He was atleast involved in chances on goal.

Johnson is still **** though

Howe_zat

Audio File
If Italy win all 3 games and England beat Costa Rica then England, Uruguay and Costa Rica will all be on 3 points with Italy on 9. So it'll come down to goal difference for 2nd. Since Uruguay lost by 2 goals, England will have an advantage over them if this stays 1-0. So in that scenario I would still expect England to go through.
I was typing and missed that. SS ruins everyone's fun

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Times like these I wish I was watching it in a crowded bar with other fans :( I reckon the celebrations would be so great.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well in the end I'm not understanding either your or Burgeys points, Rooney has not been our worst player, but he's the one you'll get agitated at when he misses the ****ing chances.

Wellbeck was by far the worst of our three up-front BTW.
My point is more really about the general (consensus rather than on here actually), that everything is #rooneysfault.

Anyway, glad England scored. They've been pressing hard the past 15 or so and deserved it IMO. Uruguay kind of invited it.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Don't really have a dog in the fight but happy that England scored after the time wasting crap by Uruguay. I hate it every time a team does it (except when my team does it of course, like Ishant coming out with two left gloves..:p)

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
****ing computer froze when they scored. Come on England! Rooney looks like the weight of the world is off his shoulders now. Just don't let that **** Suarez in with a chance.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My point is more really about the general (consensus rather than on here actually), that everything is #rooneysfault.

Anyway, glad England scored. They've been pressing hard the past 15 or so and deserved it IMO. Uruguay kind of invited it.
Oh I agree with that TBH, I was saying pretty much the same at the start of the match. Yet when he misses a few sitters and the ITV comms are praising him for it, it can get wearying.