• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2013-14

Furball

Evil Scotsman
:laugh:

What a phrase. Definitely using that in future.

Ozil I'm sure will come good again. He's just going through that period that plenty of imports experience; struggling to get back into form after really hitting the ground running early on. Not unduly worried, but it's very frustrating considering he is a bona fide world class player.

Would love it if Bentdner scores the winner on Weds though. Preferably at the right end.
I don't think it's a coincidence his form's dipped when Ramsay and Walcott have been injured.

Oh, and

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
There are about four different photos there aren't there?

Gnabry is fit, but I think Rosicky has to start on Wednesday and against Bayern.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, I love how you still get the crazies/idiots ringing in.

Some guy moaning about this is Ferguson's fault, "remember, he bought Djemba-Djemba" :laugh:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah that was great. Some other guy just said 'Moyes is doing a good job, he is fixing Ferguson's problems.'

Ian Wright also seems to buy the whole Jose 'we will win it next year' spiel.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, another one blaming it all on Ferguson, this time on the basis that he "bought too many players from English clubs". Apparently buying players from abroad would have prevented problems, "cos that's what Chelsea gone and done".

Pothas

Haha yeah that was the Fulham guy, he seemed to have no real point and his only examples were Saha and Van der Sar. Funny that.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha yeah that was the Fulham guy, he seemed to have no real point and his only examples were Saha and Van der Sar. Funny that.
Haha yeah, was a textbook example of an incoherent ramble.

Wright not helping things though, seemed to be completely unable to understand, despite Kelly Cates' best efforts to explain. What a pointless programme. It sill beats the horrible Vaughan/Tuffers/Cricket version though.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Urgh, going to have to switch off now. Hate it when you get Arsenal fans on there. "Arsenal would have won the league if they had bought Mata, Wenger is **** etc.. etc..."

Tom Halsey

International Coach
People are ****ing idiots.

RedCafe mostly seem to have decided at last that Moyes has to go, and part of the logic that keeps getting quoted is his lack of winning experience as a manager. So the first alternative that is mooted (and has received several nods of approval) is to appoint Ryan Giggs as interim manager. A man who, whilst a legend, has even less winning experience as a manager, because in fact he has no experience as a manager whatsoever. ****ing genius.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
How many United fans want him gone? Don't hear any calls for it in the media. He has to go in the summer if they don't make the top 4, which they surley won't now.
At least half the fanbase if what I've seen can be used as a sample. The next half are either on the fence or stoutly defending him.

Jarquis

Kinda think I'm allowed to enjoy being right about Mata not solving anything. Sign one of the best creative #10s in the league to play behind two of the best forwards in the league and you still choose to spread it wide and pump it into the box. It's brilliant.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kinda think I'm allowed to enjoy being right about Mata not solving anything. Sign one of the best creative #10s in the league to play behind two of the best forwards in the league and you still choose to spread it wide and pump it into the box. It's brilliant.
It's worse than that. He dropped Januzaj. So, so many **** players this season and he drops the one player that's actually playing better than Mata. How do you sign Mata and make the team worse? Spectacular.

Ray.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
United are going beat Arsenal tomorrow. RVP with a brace and celebrating in front of Arsenal fans.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, the mind boggles. Moyes has been doing a fairly ordinary job at best, but as someone who's probably watched Utd a great deal less than some others on here his decision to play Mata out wide yesterday was the first time I really thought "wtf is he doing?". Hopefully he'll try something similar on Weds. So long as Gibbs is starting, wouldn't much fancy Monreal 1v1 with anyone atm, his confidence is probably shot.

I wonder if Wenger is considering leaving Ozil on the bench for this one. He's been arse as of late, and looks like he could do with a rest. Whether he can really be left out of a match of such important is questionable though.