• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2013-14

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ah jesus.

Moyes has to go. We can't make fourth and if he hasn't lost the dressing room then the dressing room is full of ****ing idiots. Might as well get rid now and give us a few months to find a replacement. Put the cleaning lady in charge. She can't be any worse than Moyes.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ah well, my own fault, punting 101 should have taken the money as soon as United scored their second for a nice guaranteed 20 quid+, that's why I'm a ****e gambler.

ho-hum.

grecian

This United sides' lack of the basics of marking people is still truly astounding, Fulham hardly had anyone in their half at times, but almost on every counter-attack there was a free-runner, or often two, it's just so odd how undisciplined they are.

Pothas

Ah jesus.

Moyes has to go. We can't make fourth and if he hasn't lost the dressing room then the dressing room is full of ****ing idiots. Might as well get rid now and give us a few months to find a replacement. Put the cleaning lady in charge. She can't be any worse than Moyes.
How many United fans want him gone? Don't hear any calls for it in the media. He has to go in the summer if they don't make the top 4, which they surley won't now.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
If a CL spot wasn't beyond them before, it definitely is now. Unless they win the damn thing...and that ain't happening.

Last edited:

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Mike Phelan looks immensely pissed off at having to sit in a studio and make calm observations.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ah, it gladdens the jaded heart, doesn't it?

Even in a weekend where we're shanked 5-1 we're still not the biggest giraffe for the neutrals.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Mike Phelan looks immensely pissed off at having to sit in a studio and make calm observations.
You've lost that hairline, Phelan
wo-oh that hairline, Phelan
you've lost that hairline, Phelan
now it's gone, gone, gone, wo-oh-wo-wo

Best terrace song ever.

Uppercut

How many United fans want him gone? Don't hear any calls for it in the media. He has to go in the summer if they don't make the top 4, which they surley won't now.
A lot of United fans stand by him publicly but deep down don't believe he's up to it. They'd like to be a club that sticks by managers, but there has to be a limit somewhere. It's actually amazing how bad he's been. I don't know what else to say there. In my time watching football I've seen three levels of **** managing: ****, really ****, and David Moyes at United so far. I bet you can't find me a single Citeh or Liverpool fan who doesn't want him to stay.

He has some friends in the media and there's been some really nonsensical excuses made for him, like the idea that last year's title-winning team turned into turds at the precise moment he took over, purely as a matter of coincidence. Or "it was always going to be a difficult job", which is just a load of arse. Taking over a **** squad of **** players with an erratic billionaire owner who secretly thinks he could manage better is a difficult job. Taking over a team that cakewalked the title on a six-year deal with a big transfer budget and an unparalleled level of backing from the fans and ownership is as good as it gets.

There's been a lot of chat about his endless-crossing tactics today so hopefully people will wake up to the fact that it's his fault after this. Although I thought that might happen when we lost to Everton back in November and it just didn't.

Last edited:

Pothas

Yeah I have heard people say that anybody that was not Mourinho would be doing this badly which is so obviously rubbish. It is just undenible now that he is not doing a good job.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
A lot of United fans stand by him publicly but deep down don't believe he's up to it. They'd like to be a club that sticks by managers, but there has to be a limit somewhere. It's actually amazing how bad he's been. I don't know what else to say there. In my time watching football I've seen three levels of **** managing: ****, really ****, and David Moyes at United so far. I bet you can't find me a single Citeh or Liverpool fan who doesn't want him to stay.

He has some friends in the media and there's been some really nonsensical excuses made for him, like the idea that last year's title-winning team turned into turds at the precise moment he took over, purely as a matter of coincidence. Or "it was always going to be a difficult job", which is just a load of arse. Taking over a **** squad of **** players with an erratic billionaire owner who secretly thinks he could manage better is a difficult job. Taking over a team that cakewalked the title on a six-year deal with a big transfer budget and an unparalleled level of backing from the fans and ownership is as good as it gets.

There's been a lot of chat about his endless-crossing tactics today so hopefully people will wake up to the fact that it's his fault after this. Although I thought that might happen when we lost to Everton back in November and it just didn't.
Yeah this. There is also the perception amongst some fans that thinking Moyes is **** is somehow to be spoilt, which could not make less sense. Can understand the logic that if you thought he was the right man for the job in May then a bad 6 months shouldn't change much, but did anyone with a brain honestly think he was the right man for the job in the first place?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
It's the level of denial that's most amusing.

"We're deserved to win that."

"We're playing well."

I know Man U aren't a sacking club as such, but neither are the Arse and we had the good sense to dump Rioch after one season and he'd actually improved our league position from (IIRC) 10th under the dying days of the late Mr Graham and Houston's interregnum to 5th.

Signed Platt and Sir Dennis too, but get rid was patently the right call.

Eds

International Debutant
I think the United players were actually decent today, Fulham equalizer aside. It's clear they've been told to circulate to the wings more than usual and get crosses in, and they did that really well. It's why Moyes keeps saying they've played well - because they do keep doing that well.

However, it's a ****e way to try and win a football match and that's why they're doing badly. Today was almost entirely Moyes' fault. Reminds me so much of Liverpool under Woy after we spent £80m on crosses.

Pothas

Way too early for this but who does not like speculation. Who would United fans want? Louis van Gaal been linked to Spurs hasn't he, got the standing for United I would have thought.

Uppercut

I think the United players were actually decent today, Fulham equalizer aside. It's clear they've been told to circulate to the wings more than usual and get crosses in, and they did that really well. It's why Moyes keeps saying they've played well - because they do keep doing that well.

However, it's a ****e way to try and win a football match and that's why they're doing badly. Today was almost entirely Moyes' fault. Reminds me so much of Liverpool under Woy after we spent £80m on crosses.
Yeah you're spot on. It's been that way all season but a lot of non-United fans seemed to notice it today.

People have been tearing into our CMs, especially Cleverley, for passing the ball sideways towards the wings every single time they get the ball. But they're just following instructions. It's the way Moyes played at Everton, and it's the way he's trying to play at United.

In one way he's a lot like AVB, trying to force a not-particularly-effective style of play onto his teams with no regard for the strengths and weaknesses of his actual players. Spurs have been much better since they just employed an old man who tells them to run around a lot instead. I think short-term United would be much better if they just didn't have a manager at all.

Uppercut

Rene Meulensteen: "United's approach was straightforward. Get it wide, get it in the box. It can be easy to defend against."

Lol. Putting the boot in.